This blueberry mint mojito is the perfect sweet and refreshing drink to enjoy as summer winds down. It features fresh smashed blueberries, fresh mint, white rum, sweet and sour limes, a touch of agave, and club soda. It’s bright, delicious, and perfect to sip on during those hot summer nights.Jump to Recipe
A summer cocktail
One of Deano and I’s favorite things to do during the summer is enjoy a cocktail on the porch after the boys go to bed. It’s the perfect way to wind down the day and spend some quality time together.
On those particular hot summer nights, I crave a bright, refreshing cocktail. This blueberry mint mojito is one of my go-tos. It features two of my fav summer produce: mint and blueberries. It’s also bright, perfectly sweet and balanced, and a little bubbly too, making for a fun, festive porch drink. Best yet, it takes only a couple of minutes to whip up!
Sipping on this blueberry mint mojito as we watch the sunset….it’s my favorite summer activity.
Ingredients in this Blueberry Mint Mojito
- blueberries. make sure to use fresh, ripe blueberries. You will muddle them so they release their sweet juices and provides this beautiful purple hue to the drink!
- mint, gives a mojito that classic crisp, refreshing flavor it’s known for!
- white rum, a must for any good mojito (but you can omit to make this a mocktail if desired).
- agave or honey, for natural sweetness.
- lime juice, the sweet and sour flavor of the lime balances out the sweetness of the other flavors.
- club soda, for a little sparkle!
How to make this summertime drink
- Pick the right glass. A high ball cocktail glass is the right choice for this cocktail. You can build and make the entire cocktail in this glass. No shaker needed!
- Add in the main ingredients. To the highball glass, add in the fresh blueberries, agave, lime juice, rum and mint.
- Time to muddle. Use the back of a wooden spoon or muddler, and gently press down on the ingredients until the mint becomes fragrant and blueberries start to release their juices (this is called muddling).
- Top with club soda. Fill the glass with ice and top with club soda.
- Stir it up. Gently stir so the ingredients are well mixed.
- Enjoy! Garnish with a lime wedge and mint, if desired. Then, sip away!
Why You’ll Love this blueberry mint mojito
- It’s easy to make. You can whip this up in under 5 minutes. Yes please!
- Uses fresh, simple ingredients. This drink uses only a few fresh ingredients and only a natural sweetener, so is light and refreshing.
- Celebrates summer produce. This cocktail features both mint, which grows wild in the summer, and blueberries, one of my fav summer fruits. Both shine in this drink and give you all the summertime vibes.
- Easily customizable. You could use a different fruit, like blackberries or strawberries, anything that would release plenty of juice when muddled. You could also use honey for a more floral sweetness or even add a flavor sparkling water for an extra flavor kick!
Other delicious cocktail
This blueberry mint mojito is the perfect drink to make while summer is still going strong!
If you make this blueberry mint mojito, please share it or leave comment below! I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Blueberry Mint Mojito
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries save a couple for garnish
- 1-2 teaspoons agave to taste
- 5 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces white rum
- Juice of one lime
- Sparkling water or club soda
- 1-2 lime slices for garnish
To the highball glass, add in the fresh blueberries, agave, lime juice, rum and mint.
Use the back of a wooden spoon or muddler, and gently press down on the ingredients until the mint becomes fragrant and blueberries start to release their juices.
Fill the glass with ice and top with club soda.
Gently stir so the ingredients are well mixed.
Garnish with a lime wedge and mint, if desired.