These monster cookie energy bites are a delicious, protein-packed, sweet treat that will fuel a workout or satisfy a sweet tooth. Super easy to make and come together in under 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
A delicious, healthy, easy treat!
What to do when you’re craving cookies but have no desire to bake?! Make these delicious no-bake monster cookie energy bites. It tastes and gives those monster cookie vibes but uses only real, good for you ingredients. Plus, no need to turn on the oven! Yes!
These monster cookie energy bites combine quick oats, honey, peanut butter, and a little coconut oil to create a delicious sweet treat. I also added mini chocolate chips and unreal candies (like healthier M&Ms) for that signature chocolate addition. Finally, there’s some chia seeds and unsweetened shredded coconut for extra flavor, nutrition, and crunch.
Ingredients in Monster Cookie Energy Bites
Here’s what you’ll need to make these monster cookie energy bites:
- quick oats, a must for any monster cookie so the base of this treat as well!
- peanut butter, another classic monster cookie flavor. I used a natural kind (which means it’s made with just peanuts and salt and not hydrogenated oils or added sugar).
- honey, adds natural sweetness and its stick texture helps bind the energy balls. If you want to keep these vegan, you could also use agave.
- coconut oil, I used an unrefined kind, so it does not provide any coconut flavor. But it helps bind the energy balls together.
- vanilla, for that beautiful, natural rich sweetness.
- salt and cinnamon, for extra flavor and to balance the sweet flavors.
- unreal candies, these are a healthier version of M&Ms and definitely just as good! Unreal makes chocolate treats we love (like M&Ms) with way less sugar and better ingredients. There are different kinds to choose from but I used the dark chocolate crispy quinoa gems in these energy bites.
- Mini chocolate chips, adds an extra chocolate pop! I used enjoy life mini chocolate chips since it’s allergy friendly and make with better ingredients. I also love Lily’s chocolate chips as a healthier version.
- shredded coconut and chia seeds, I added both of these for extra flavor, nutrition and crunch.
How to make monster cookie energy bites
Here’s what to do:
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, add the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil and microwave until coconut oil is melted, about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add in vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or measuring spoon, divide the mix and form into balls.
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
why you’ll love these
- No actual baking involved!
- Protein-packed and made with real, good for you ingredients
- Takes less than 30 minutes to make
- Made with pantry staples, things you probably already have on hand!
Other healthy sweet treats
These monster cookie energy bites are the perfect delicious sweet treat for mornings, snacks, or pre-work outs!
If you make these monster cookie energy bites, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Monster Cookie Energy Bites
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup unreal chocolate candies
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips I used enjoy life or Lily's
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients, quick oats through cinnamon.
In a separate small bowl, add the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil and microwave until coconut oil is melted, about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add in vanilla.
Pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
Using a small cookie scoop or measuring spoon, divide the mix and form into balls.
Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.