These peanut butter s’mores ice cream sandwiches combine two summer classics, s’mores and ice cream sandwiches, to create the ultimate summer treat. It features frozen whipped topping sandwiched between two peanut butter smeared graham crackers and dipped in dark chocolate then sprinkled with crushed peanuts. It’s a cool, delicious, and no-bake treat you and your kiddos will love!Jump to Recipe
The Ultimate Summer Treat
There are two treats I crave every summer: 1. ice cream sandwiches and 2. s’mores. A genius idea occurred to me. Why not combine these two classics and create the ultimate summer treat.
These peanut butter s’mores ice cream sandwiches feature cinnamon graham crackers, homemade whipped cream, and peanut butter sandwiched together and dipped in dark chocolate. It’s a delicious ice cream sandwich with s’mores vibes and a hit of peanut butter. Magic!
Ingredients in these Peanut Butter S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
Here’s the main ingredients in this treat:
- coconut cream, it’s the base of the dairy-free whipped cream. You can buy a can of coconut cream (typically with coconut milk or in the health section of your grocery store). Refrigerate it overnight and scoop out the solid cream from the top (there will be a little liquid in the bottom; do not use that – you can reserve it for smoothies or discard). The cream is whipped with a little powdered sugar and vanilla to create a delicious homemade whipped cream.
- cinnamon graham crackers, the base of the ice cream sandwich. It gives those classic s’mores vibes. I use cinnamon for the extra hit of flavor (but a plain honey works too).
- natural peanut butter, the peanut butter takes this ice cream sandwich to the next level. I add a smear on the inside of each graham cracker.
- dark chocolate, the ice cream sandwiches are dipped into melted dark chocolate. The cool whipped cream, creamy peanut butter, rich dark chocolate make this treat out of this world delicious.
- crushed peanuts, the finishing touch to make these peanut butter s’mores ice cream sandwiches complete.
How to make this treat
- Make the homemade whipped cream. This step is actually incredibly easy. In a cold bowl, add the cold coconut cream and whip using a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and pinch salt and beat for another 30 seconds. Viola! (P.S. you could also use a dairy-free store bought whipped cream too).
- Freeze the homemade whipped cream. Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Spread out the whipped cream to cover the bottom of the pan. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until totally set. Cut into 9 squares.
- Build ice cream sandwiches. On the inside of each graham cracker half, smear on peanut butter. Add a whipped cream square and sandwich it between two graham cracker halves. Set in freezer while you melt dark chocolate.
- Dip in dark chocolate. Melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl until fully melted and smooth. Dip half of each sandwich into the malted dark chocolate.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts. Immediately sprinkle with crushed peanuts. Place in freezer to set. Store peanut butter s’mores ice cream sandwiches in freezer.
- Enjoy! I think these are best if you allow them to sit out for 30 minutes before eating. It allows the whipped cream to thaw slightly and have a more ice cream like consistency.
Why you’ll love this treat
- No-bake; No need to turn your oven on for this fun treat!
- Fun and kid friendly; This treat is fun to make with your kids; plus, they will love it!
- A healthier ice cream treat; this treat is made with better for you ingredients, so you can feel good about eating it! It’s also vegan friendly and dairy-free (and can be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free graham crackers!).
- Make ahead and store well; you can make these ahead and store in your freezer for up to a month! Yes!
Other fun summer treats
- Chocolate Glazed Banana Bread Donuts
- No Bake Healthy Samoa Cookies
- Monster Cookie Energy Bites
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
These peanut butter s’mores ice cream sandwiches are a fun, easy, and healthier treat perfect for summer.
If you make these peanut butter s’mores ice cream sandwiches, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Peanut Butter S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut cream chilled overnight and cream removed from top
- 1-3 tablespoons powdered sugar depending on sweetener preference
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 9 cinnamon graham crackers
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
Line an 8×8 pan. For the whipped cream, chill a glass bowl. To the bowl, add the chilled coconut cream beat with a mixer or whisk for about 30 seconds until creamy, Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt and neat for another 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Pour the whipped cream into the pan and evenly spread out with a spatula. Freeze completely, about 4 hours. Cut into 9 squares.
To build the sandwiches, first spread peanut butter onto the inside of each graham cracker. Place a frozen whipped cream square in the middle of two peanut butter smeared graham crackers and combine to form a sandwich. Repeat until you make all 9 sandwiches. Place in freezer to set for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Dip half of each sandwich into the melted dark chocolate and sprinkle on crushed peanuts. Allow to set in freezer.
Store in freezer. Remove from freezer about 20-30 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
You can also use store bought coconut or dairy-free whipped cream.