These no bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars taste like a peanut butter cup but made with all wholesome, real ingredients. The base layer features protein powder, natural peanut butter, chia seeds, maple syrup, almond flour and cinnamon. Then it’s topped with luscious dark chocolate. The perfect treat to start your day or fuel a workout.
Homemade Protein Bars
Oh the search for a decent tasting, affordable, and healthy store-bought protein bar?! It’s like trying to find a unicorn. Impossible! Most seem chalked full of unwanted ingredients and way too much sugar. Other costs nearly $3 a bar and still don’t taste that good. What is one to do?!
Make your own. It’s actually incredibly easy. No fancy equipment or ingredients necessary. Just a bowl and some pantry staples and you can make your own delicious, wholesome snack in under 30 minutes.
My no bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars taste similar to a classic childhood candy, the peanut butter cup. They features natural peanut butter, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup and almond flour. Next, you top it with luscious dark chocolate. They taste like a dream.
These bars are packed with protein and natural healthy fats. Plus, they’re vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free (just use an unsweetened or refined sugar free vanilla protein powder).
After you try these, you’ll ditch those store-bought bars and make your own from here on it.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these bars:
- peanut butter, the base of the bars. I use a natural peanut butter with no added sugar. Peanut butter itself is a good source of protein and is rich in heart healthy fats. Also, the peanut butter gives these bars are creamy texture and rich tastes, making them irresistible.
- protein powder, for some added protein. I used a vanilla organic plant-based protein powder. Make sure to check the ingredient list of your protein powder so you select one that does not contain unwanted added sugar or preservatives.
- chia seeds, I love the added crunch it provides. This small but mighty seed is high in fiber, minerals, and omega 3 fatty acids. These nutrients play an important role in supporting multiple body functions and systems.
- cinnamon, plays so nice with the peanut butter and helps round out the rich flavors.
- vanilla, just a splash adds natural, rich sweetness.
- maple syrup, adds a robust, molasses like sweetness that pairs beautifully with peanut butter.
- almond flour, adds even more protein and healthy fats and helps create the perfect, dough-like consistency. It also has an almost sweet, nutty flavor that pairs well with the peanut butter and makes these bars taste delicious.
- dark chocolate chips, I use Hu chocolate gems, so it’s refined sugar free, vegan, and dairy free. It also tastes amazing and gives these bars those PB cup vibes.
- coconut oil, helps smooth out the chocolate so it spreads nicely over the bars.
How to make these no bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars
- Make the base. In a small bowl, combine the bar ingredients and mix until it creates a cookie dough like consistency. Press into the bottom of a loaf pan (I grease and line my loaf pan with parchment paper).
- Top with chocolate. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Pour over the bars and spread it evenly over the bars.
- Allow to set up. Place the bars in the fridge until the chocolate is set (but not too hard to cut – like an hour).
- Cut into bars. While the chocolate is set but still soft, cut into about 8-10 bars.
- Enjoy! Eat right away or store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Yum!
- Different nut butter. If you do not prefer peanut butter, try almond butter or cashew butter (you may need to adjust the sweetness accordingly).
- Spice it up. Chai spices or other warm spice blend would work beautifully with these bars.
- Add in extras. You could add in hemps seeds, other seed, or nuts to the base for crunch. You could even add dried fruit for some extra sweetness and chewiness.
- More chocolate: you could use a chocolate protein powder or even add a little cocoa powder to the base if you need some extra chocolate in your life!
Other protein packed breakfast ideas
These no bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars taste like a peanut butter cup but made with all wholesome, real ingredients, and so much better than store-bought. You need to try these!
If you make these no bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest so I can see your creations!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
These no bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars taste like a peanut butter cup but made with all wholesome, real ingredients, and so much better than store-bought.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder no sugar added
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup depending on preferred sweetness and funniness of peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds optional
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips I use Hu
- 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil use refined for no coconut taste
Line with parchment paper and grease a loaf pan.
In a bowl, combine all the bar ingredients and mix until combined. It should be a cookie dough like consistency. If too sticky or wet, add a little more almond flour.
Press into a lined and greased loaf pan.
Melt the dark chocolate. Pour over bars. Place in fridge to set, at least 20-30 minutes so the chocolate is set but still slightly soft.
Cut into bars and place back in the fridge so the chocolate sets all the way. Enjoy!
Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Leave a Reply