This cozy and delicious creamy wild rice soup is made with in seasonal vegetables, hearty and healthy wild rice, and a creamy, flavorful broth. It’s like a warm, hug on a cool Fall day!
Soup season is here!
It’s officially Fall which also means it’s soup season! That time of year when I mostly crave warm, comforting, big bowls of soup.
I’m starting off the season right with this creamy Fall wild rice soup. It’s bursting with big flavor from a creamy, perfectly spiced broth, filled with in-season produce, and completed with wild rice and chicken to make it filling and hearty.
So throw on those leggings and comfy oversized sweatshirt, turn on your fav sports game, and whip up a batch of this soup. The best trio for a perfect Fall afternoon.
Ingredients in this soup
Here’s what you need to make this soup:
- RiceSelect Royal Blend, it features Texmati white, brown, wild and red rice that provides incredible aroma, texture, and taste to take this soup to the next level.
- in-season veggies, butternut squash, carrots, celery, and onion fill this soup with flavor, texture, and nutrients.
- perfect seasoning, I use a mushroom umami seasoning blend along with garlic and herbs which makes the broth incredibly rich and flavorful.
- chicken and chicken broth, to make this soup even more flavorful and hearty – omit chicken and use vegetable broth for a vegetarian option
- heavy cream, makes this soup creamy and extra perfect, cozy for Fall.
How to make this soup
- Prep the ingredients. Cut all the veggies and round up your ingredients to make this soup simple to prepare.
- Sauté the veggies. Heat olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in carrots, celery, onion, and butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until veggies are slightly tender. Add in butter and garlic and cook util garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in broth and rice. Next, you’ll add in all your spices. Then, add in broth, rice, and herbs.
- Let it simmer. Allow the soup to simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Finish it up. Add in heavy cream, cooked chopped chicken, and kale and cook until kale is slightly wilted and chicken warmed through.
More about RiceSelect
RiceSelect Royal Blend offers an enchanting aroma and a sophisticated texture that distinguishes every bite. This multi-grain mix is composed of proprietary Texmati white, brown, wild and red rices. It feature unforgettable aroma, texture, and taste which takes this soup to the next level.
I use RiceSelect’s Royal Blend because it is certified gluten-free, low in fat, sodium, and cholesterol, non-GMO protect certified, certified kosher by Star K, packaged is recyclable, BPA free jar, and contains no preservatives or additives. It’s a high-quality grain I can feel good feeding myself and family to create delicious and nutritious meals, like this creamy Fall wild rice soup.
Check out another RiceSelect recipe HERE!
Yes to this Cozy Fall Wild Rice Soup! A creamy, delicious soup which features RiceSelect wild rice, carrots, butternut squash, celery, onion, spices, heavy cream, broth and chicken. This soup is extra yummy and filling by using RiceSelect wild rice – full of whole grains with a great nutty flavor. Feels like a warm hug on a cold day – so perfect for the chilly months ahead.
If you make this Cozy Fall Wild Rice Soup, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, because sharing is caring!
Creamy Fall Wild Rice Soup
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons umami mushroom seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste I used about 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cup broth
- 1 cup RiceSelect Royal Blend
- 4-5 stalks fresh thyme**
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 bay leave
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups kale
Heat olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in carrots, celery, onion, and butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until veggies are slightly tender. Add in butter and garlic and cook util garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add in flour and seasonings so flour coats the vegetables and creates a roux, about 1-2 minutes.
Add in broth, rice, and herbs. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked. Remove herbs.
Add in heavy cream, cooked chopped chicken, and kale and cook until kale is slightly wilted and chicken warmed through.
Serve and enjoy!
**I like to tie my herbs together with baker’s twine so it’s easier to remove later.