Rosé margaritas pair light and crispy Rosé wine with the tart and sweet flavors of a traditional margarita. It’s the perfect cocktail for Spring!
It’s officially Spring, which also means it’s Rosé season. Yaas! Crispy, slightly fruity, and refreshing Rosé is the perfect drink on a warm, Spring day. Plus, the gorgeous pink hue makes it fitting for this time of year too!
Of course, Rosé is wonderfully delicious on it’s own. But it also works beautifully in cocktails, like these Rosé margaritas! The dry, crisp flavors of the Rosé work so well with the sweet, tart flavors of the margaritas. It’s a match made in cocktail heaven!
The star ingredients of this light and classy cocktail are:
- Rosé wine, I prefer a light, crispy, and not too sweet Rosé for this cocktail as it’s balanced by the other sweet flavors in the drink.
- tequila, quintessential for a classic marg, I prefer a silver tequila for this cocktail as it compliments the Rosé instead of overpowering it.
- fresh lime juice, provides that tartness margs are known for.
- elderflower liqueur, this provides some Springtime vibes by adding a sweet floral note. It also pairs so well with the rose and lime juice, helping bring all the flavors together.
- agave, you only need a touch since the elderflower liqueur also provides sweetness.
- margarita salt and crushed freeze dried strawberries, this is for around the rim and makes the drink even prettier. I also love Rosé wine and strawberries together. Plus, I am def a salt around the rim kind of girl as I think the pop of saltiness helps tame the sweet flavors in the drink!
How to make Rosé margs
This is a shaken cocktail and only take minutes to make. Simply add all of the ingredients to a shaker with ice and vigrousouly shake until it’s all-combined and frothy.
Rim two glasses with the salt and freeze dried strawberries. Strain the drink between the two glasses.
Garnish with lime and a pretty flower to make it fun and festive for Spring!
Are these Rosé margaritas lightened up?!
Yes! These margs are only made from natural, real ingredients, like real lime juice, a crisp, not overly sweet Rosé wine, and naturally sweetened with agave. This is definitely a lightened up version you can feel good about sipping on!
These Rosé margaritas pair the crisp, refreshing flavor of Rosé wine and sweet and tart flavors of a marg to create a sophisticated, delicious, and fun cocktail. It will be your new cocktail for Spring that takes you right into summertime!
If you make these Rosé margaritas, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
These beauties pair light and refreshing Rosé wine with the tart and sweet flavors of a traditional margarita. Plus there is a hint of elderflower liqueur to make this drink truly special and perfect for spring!
- 4 oz Rosé wine about 1/2 cup
- 2 oz tequila about 4 tablespoons
- 2 oz fresh lime juice about 1/4 cup
- 1 oz elderflower liquor about 2 tablespoons
- 1-2 teaspoons agave dependent on sweetness level
- 1/4 cup margarita salt optional
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries crushed into a fine power, optional
- 4 lime wedges
Mix together the margarita salt and crushed freeze dried strawberries in a wide mouth shallow bowl. Use two of the lime wedges to wet the top of a glass. Dip each glass into the salt mixture to rim the glass. Add ice to each glass.
Add ice to a shaker. Add all of the ingredients and shake vigorously. Drain the margaritas between the two prepared glasses.
Garnish with lime wedge. Serve and enjoy!