These easy s’more brownies combine two favorite desserts to create one irresistible treat. They feature a graham cracker layer, a super fudgy homemade brownie layer and a toasted marshmallow layer.
A delicious mashup
Two of my fav desserts: s’mores and brownies! What’s not to love about both?! Oh s’mores – the perfect summer campfire treat? That toasty, almost burnt gooey marshmallow sandwiched between melty chocolate and crunchy graham cracker. This dessert deserves love all year round!
Oh how I adore the classic brownie. I’m team fudgy! I want an ooey gooey brownie with rich, chocolate flavor.
Both of these desserts are perfect and delicious on their own. But together. Oh wow oh wow! Does it create something magic. A match made in dessert heaven!
These s’mores brownies might be the best thing I’ve ever created. A layer of a decadent, rich, super chocolatey brownie sandwiched between a honey graham cracker layer and toasty mini marshmallow layer. It’s the perfect treat!
Here’s the main ingredients needed to make these brownies:
- graham crackers: I just layer mine on the bottom of the pan, which creates a graham cracker crust on the bottom of the brownie. You can use regular or even a gluten-free kind to keep this dessert completely gluten-free.
- dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate: melted with the butter, it gives the brownies that rich, fudgy texture and bold chocolate taste. You can add a few extra on top for extra chocolate goodness.
- butter: I’ve tested this recipe so many times and found butter provides the best fudgy texture, so its’ my fat of choice for these brownies. I use a high quality, salted grass fed kind (but a regular kind works too!)
- coconut sugar: to keep these brownies on the lighter side, I use refined sugar free coconut sugar. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness!
- eggs: 2 eggs and one egg yolk provide a nice, fudgy brownie! Make sure they are at room temp. so they best incorporate into the batter.
- vanilla: provides extra natural sweetness.
- almond flour: provides a nice texture and keeps these gluten-free.
- dutch process cocoa powder: for extra chocolate flavor! I like my brownies with a super chocolate flavor, and these definitely deliver on that!
- mini marshmallows: layered on top and toasted in the oven for that classic gooey marshmallow pull that truly makes a s’mores special.
How to make easy s’mores brownies
- Prepare the pan. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Graham cracker layer. To make these brownies super easy, I simply line 9 graham cracker halves (so 3 whole graham crackers) across the bottom of the pan. No need to make a graham cracker crust from scratch. The graham crackers sheets still create a nice bottom layer for these brownies.
- Make the brownies. Whip up my one-bowl brownies. These are lightened by using almond flour and coconut sugar but still have all the chocolate richness of a good brownie. Evenly spread the batter on top of the graham crackers.
- Bake. Bake for 15 minutes. The brownies will be slightly set on top. (Note: this bake time creates a very fudgy brownie, if you want it slightly more firm, bake for about 20-22 minutes).
- Top with marshmallows. Add the marshmallows on top of the brownie layer. Finish baking for 10-12 minutes or until the marshmallows are nice and toasty.
- Enjoy! Let the the brownies cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy.
- Be a little extra: if desired, when done baking, add some chocolate chips on top and allow the residual heat to melt them slightly. You can also use a hand torch or broiler to give the marshmallows more char.
Why you’ll love these s’mores brownies:
- Easy: You can make this recipe with baking time in under an hour. I also made these with my boys, so it’s kid-friendly. The graham cracker layer and marshmallow layer do not require anything more than adding it to the pan (no messing with the food processor to make a graham cracker crust or attempting to make homemade meringue here). Plus, the brownie batter is a one-bowl wonder!
- Decadent and delicious: These brownies are irresistibly good. Reminiscent of a classic s’more with the graham cracker bottom and toasted marshmallow top. But instead of just a chocolate bar it’s a rich, fudgy brownie sandwiches in between. It’s basically perfection!
- Freezer friendly: I personally think these bars make the perfect amount – 9 large or 16 small brownies. But if you have extra, they freeze nicely. Simply cut them into squares, freeze them on a sheet pan, then wrap them individually in foil or plastic wrap. Place wrapped brownies in an airtight container or big plastic bag and place back in the freezer. When ready to eat, unwrap, and microwave for 30 seconds or so until thawed and gooey again.
Other delicious decadent treats
- Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- Peanut Butter S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Vegan S’mores Tart
- Vegan S’mores Cheesecake
These easy s’more brownies combine two favorite desserts to create one irresistible treat. They feature a graham cracker layer, a super fudgy homemade brownies layer, and a toasted marshmallows layer.
If you make this easy s’mores brownies, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, because sharing is caring!
Easy S’mores Brownies
These easy s'more brownies combine two favorite desserts to create one irresistible treat. They feature a graham cracker layer, a super fudgy homemade brownies layer, and a toasted marshmallows layer.
- 3 graham cracker sheets gluten-free if desired, broken into 9 squares
- ½ cup 1 stick salted butter use high quality grass-fed butter, cut into chunks
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup fine almond flour
- ¼ cup dutch process cocoa powder can sub regular cocoa powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350. Line and grease an 8×8 pan.
Place the 9 graham crackers on the bottom of the pan.
In a large bowl, add the butter and ½ cup chocolate chips. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
Whisk in coconut sugar until dissolved.
Add in eggs, one at a time, and gently mix into batter. Stir in vanilla.
Gently fold in cocoa powder, almond flour, and pinch salt until everything is incorporated. Do not over-mix.
Pour into greased pan on top of graham crackers. Bake for 15 minutes (see note for firmer brownies)
Top with marshmallows. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown and toasty.
Let cool completely. Cut into 9 or 16 squares. Enjoy!
If you want a slightly firmer brownie, bake it 20-22 minutes before topping with marshmallows.
Freezer tips: Simply cut them into squares, freeze them on a sheet pan, then wrap them individually in foil or plastic wrap. Place wrapped brownies in an airtight container or big plastic bag and place back in the freezer. When ready to eat, unwrap, and microwave for 30 seconds or so until thawed and gooey again.