Inspired by Starbucks Pink Drink, my lightened Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink features fresh strawberries, organic strawberry & elderflower herbal tea, a touch agave, coconut milk, and freeze-dried strawberries. This creamy strawberry forward drink is whimsical and fun and perfect for the spring days ahead!
The Perfect Drink for Spring
This copycat Starbucks Pink Drink screams Spring and sunny days ahead. It’s bright, creamy, full of strawberry flavor, and addictively delicious. I know when we finally see that sunshine and feel the warm sun’s embrace, I will want this drink in hand.
This drink features fresh strawberries and a touch of agave for the perfect balance of sweetness. A strawberry elderflower herbal tea enhances the strawberry flavor while also adding floral notes. Coconut milk adds creaminess and freeze dried strawberries adds a touch more sweetness and intensifies that strawberry flavor. Added bonus, it’s a beautiful pink hue, so this drink gives all those Spring vibes!
- Organic strawberry & elderflower herbal tea, the base of this drink which adds that bright strawberry tea flavor plus pretty pink hue. Clipper Tea makes flavors and blends perfect for everyday and every occasion. Each Clipper Tea flavor is blended in Dorset, England, by Clipper Tea’s expert team to create unique, bright and bold flavor profiles. The Organic Strawberry & Elderflower Herbal Tea is a sweet herbal tea reminiscent of sunny days and ice cream with notes of fruity, floral notes.
- fresh and freeze dried strawberries, both help to enhance the strawberry flavor. The fresh is muddled with agave to bring natural, sweet strawberry flavor. We finish the drink with freeze dried strawberries for an extra strawberry pop at the end!
- coconut milk, adds a rich, creaminess that makes this drink feel like dessert.
- agave, just a touch adds the perfect amount of sweetness and makes this drink tastes reminiscent of a strawberry milkshake. It also keeps this drink refined sagar free (feel free to use honey, maple syrup, or other sweetener of choice too).
How to make this Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink
This drink could not be easier to make! Here’s what you do:
- Make the tea: start by making a big batch of the Clipper Tea organic strawberry & elderflower herbal tea. I used 4 cups of hot water with 5-6 tea bags to bring a rich, strong flavor to the pink drink. Once done, cool it down in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Muddle the strawberries: in a tall glass, add 1/4 fresh strawberries and 1-2 teaspoons of agave. Muddle together until the strawberries break down and release their juices.
- Add ice and pour in liquids: Add ice to the glass. Top with 1/2 cup tea and a 1/3 cup coconut milk. Stir until well-combined.
- Garnish and enjoy: top with freeze dried strawberries and sip and enjoy!
How it’s lightened up
My son and I tried the infamous pink drink while on a s hopping trip at Target a few weeks ago. The drink seemed promising. A fun and pretty strawberry coconut milk concoction – just the color and brightness enticed both my son and I to order it. My initial reaction: very disappointed. It tasted artificial and overly sweet. Not at all what I had imagined or was promised by the description.
But the idea for the drink was genius. So, I knew we needed to recreate it, but use only real, fresh ingredients so the the flavors could shine.
Here’s what we did to lighten it up:
- real tea: some versions of this drink use an artificial strawberry flavored drink, which, in my opinion, makes this drink tastes artificial and unsatisfying. I use a fair-trade, organic, freshly flavored tea from Clipper Tea which makes this drink extra delicious and totally satisfying.
- refined-sugar free: this drink is sweetened with a touch of agave; you can use any unrefined sugar you prefer!
- lightened coconut milk: still gives this drink that ultra-creamy texture but keeps it dairy free and light.
- real strawberry flavor: no artificial flavors here! I use real and freeze dried strawberries for that prefect strawberry punch!
This Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink is a balanced, fresh mocktail that uses only real, simple, and natural ingredients. With it’s pretty pink color and fresh, bright flavors, you’ll be obsessed after one drink!
If you make this Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, because sharing is caring!
Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink
- 4 cups hot water
- 5 Clipper Tea Organic Strawberry & Elderflower Herbal Tea
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons agave
- 1/2 cup organic strawberry & elderflower herbal tea
- 1/3 cup lightened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried strawberries
For the tea, steeps the tea bags in the hot water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and place in fridge to cool, for at least 2 hours.
To make the pink drink, add the fresh strawberries and agave to a tall glass. Muddle until the strawberries break down and release some of their juices.
Add ice to the glass and top with tea and coconut milk. Stir well to combine.
Garnish with the freeze dried strawberries.