This Roasted Broccoli Mediterranean Salad is bursting with so much flavor and texture. Plus, filled with so many good for you ingredients. Spinach and greens topped with garlicky roasted broccoli, creamy avocado, juicy sun dried and cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts and sharp feta cheese. Finished with a creamy lemon tahini dressing. It’s magic!
A bright new salad idea
I made up this salad by accident. But it was one happy accident! I had roasted some broccoli the night before for dinner and it was so darn good. Have you ever roasted broccoli? It turns a relatively bland vegetable into a star ingredient. The broccoli soaks up any seasonings added to it and turns crispy and charred while baking. After having it, I was addicted! It was great on it’s own. Even better in this salad!
I went in a Mediterranean direction and also added creamy avocado, juicy sun dried and cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts and sharp feta cheese. It’s topped with a creamy, lemon tahini dressing. All together it makes a crazy flavorful and colorful salad.
Ingredients in this Roasted Broccoli Mediterranean Salad
- roasted broccoli, the star of this salad. If you think you don’t like broccoli, try roasting it. It’s a game changer. The stalks soften and become tender and the tops soak up all the flavor and get charred and crispy. It adds so much flavor and texture to this salad!
- spinach and romaine lettuce, the base of the salad. Spinach adds nutrients and romaine adds crunch.
- avocado, I mean I add it to everything. I’m obsessed. It adds healthy fats and creaminess, so is a must for any good salad, in my humble opinion!
- sun dried tomatoes, adds a rich, tangy flavor and stays true to the mediterranean vibes of this salad.
- cherry tomatoes, adds a pop of juicy freshness.
- kalamata olives, for that umami pop!
- toasted pine nuts, adds a crunch factor. These little nuts are the king of nuts for their rich, buttery flavor. It’s that little something extra that makes this salad so irresistible.
- sharp feta cheese, I’m obsessed with feta and it adds so much extra flavor to this salad plus vibes well with the other flavors.
How to make this salad + dressing
This salad is so easy to make!
- First, roast the broccoli. Drizzle broccoli florets with a generous amount of olive oil and S&P. Add to a sheet pan and roast at 400 degrees for about 12-18 minutes, or until slightly charred and crispy. Don’t forget to turn them halfway through to ensure even cooking!
- Make the dressing. Combine all the ingredients, except water, and mix until smooth. Add cold water, a little at a time, until you reach desired consistency. The cold water helps ensure the tahini does not seize, but instead smooths out and becomes creamy. Thus dressing is bold and delicious & really helps bring this salad together.
- Build the salad. In a large bowl, add the greens. Top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing.
Why you’ll love this salad
You need this salad in your life because:
- it’s packed with wholesome ingredients, like spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, avocado and other nutrient rich veggies.
- this salad is bursting with tons of flavor and textures, making it interesting and satisfying.
- this meal shows you how versatile, filling, and delicious salads can be and also will turn you into a broccoli lover ❤️
- It’s meal prep friendly. Roast the broccoli beforehand and build individual salads in airtight containers to store in the fridge. Add dressing right before eating. Your weekday lunch game elevated!
- You can add a protein, like grilled chicken, fish, or plant-based protein, for an even more satisfying meal!
other healthy + flavorful salad recipes
- Easy and Healthy Taco Salad
- Italian Antipasto Salad
- Cherry Kale Salad with Balsamic Tahini Dressing
- Blood Orange Kale Salad with Savory Granola
This Roasted Broccoli Mediterranean Salad features spinach and greens topped with garlicky roasted broccoli, creamy avocado, juicy sun dried and cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts and sharp feta cheese. Finished with a creamy lemon tahini dressing. Perfect for lunch or a side next to a main, it’s delicious and oh so satisfying!
If you make this Roasted Broccoli Mediterranean Salad, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Roasted Brocoli Mediterranean Salad
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups spinach and romaine blend
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled, use vegan if needed
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 avocado sliced
Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- Juice of half a medium lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- A few dashes Worcestershire omit if vegan
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Salt to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons cold water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss together broccoli, olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, flipping half way through, or until roasted and crispy.
For dressing, combine all the ingredients, except water, and mix until smooth. Add water, a little at a time, until reach desired consistency.
In a large bowl, add remaining salad ingredients + roasted broccoli. Top with dressing.