This summer fruit and cheese board is the a pretty, fresh, and elegant spread sure to impress. It includes three of my favorite cheeses, herb goat cheese, creamy havarti, and smoked gouda. Ripe, summer produce, such as cherries, peaches, and strawberries. Plus, grain-free and paleo crackers & paleo vegan dark sea salt chocolate from my friends at Hu Kitchen.
Summer Fruit and Cheese Board
I love a good cheese board. It’s the perfect appetizer for a party because it looks beautiful, is easy to assemble, and has something for everyone. A well-constructed plate of cheesey goodness never fails to be a crowd-pleaser!
Heck, my husband and I also love to make a cheeseboard just for the two of us and enjoy it with a glass of wine. Sometimes we make a cheeseboard in lieu of dinner. No need to turn on the oven, but instead fill up on cheese and goodies instead, yep I’m in!
But how do you construct the perfect cheeseboard? Today, I’m going to share my tips to create a pretty and sophisticated cheeseboard sure to wow your guests, whether it’s a party for two or a large crowd!
My tips for a great cheeseboard
I have a few simple rules I follow when creating a killer cheese board:
- Have a cheese for everyone. What I mean by this is include different cheese to please every palate. I like to have something creamy and spreadable, like a goat cheese or brie. I also like to include something kind of funky or bold, like a smoked gouda or a stilton. Finally, something mild and approachable, like a creamy havarti or cheddar. That way all your guests find the cheeseboard irresistible!
- Make it pretty. The thing I love about cheeseboards is how elegant they look. To achieve a pretty and cohesive look, you need colorful accents to the cheeseboard, through fruits, jellies/spreads, veggies, and extras like olives. I also like to sometimes do a color scheme to achieve a certain mood – like with my summer fruit and cheeseboard, I used shades of oranges, reds, and pinks, which, to me, evoke summertime. Finally, arrange the different cheeses and extras in sections around the board so they look neat and cohesive, plus makes it easy for your guest to identify each food.
- Add texture. This can be done through crackers, like the paleo, gluten-free, and vegan Hu Kitchen crackers on my board. Or through nuts, like walnuts, pecans, or almonds. I made my summer fruit and cheeseboard grain free to keep it light and airy – but in the winter, I might also add a whole wheat French baguette or other carb option.
- Be seasonal. Aka, let the seasons dictate what you include on the cheeseboard. Since it’s summertime, I used fresh, summer produce. In the Fall or winter months, adding figs would be a great idea! Even a pumpkin butter would be fun and festive for Fall. Or for Spring, use fresh veggies, like carrots, snap peas, and asparagus.
- Add something unexpected or unique. I added Hu Kitchen dark sea salt and regular chocolate. It adds something sweet and sophisticated that pairs beautifully with the fruit and cheese.
- Pair it with wine. I think cheese and wine are a match made in heaven. For my summer fruit and cheese board, rosé was the natural and obvious choice. The pink hue works with my color scheme and the floral, citrusy notes pairs perfectly with the summer fruit and light cheeses. During Fall and winter, I would go for a nice, bold red. In Spring, a light, crisp Sauvignon blanc or fruity light pinot noir would work well.
More about Hu Kitchen Products
I’m a huge advocate of Hu Kitchen products. It’s amazing chocolate and crackers that taste amazing and just so happen to be paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
I also love the story on how they got started. The founders started Hu Kitchen because they were unsatisfied with these types of products on the market. After extensive research on gut health and experimentation with recipes, they discovered the answer to creating healthy and delicious food was simple: “replacing weird, industrial ingredients with simple, healthier ones was the key to thriving, not just surviving.” That is something I wholeheartedly believe in and live by!
I am also truly obsessed with their products. The chocolate is perfectly sweet with a delicious, rich chocolate flavor and comes in a variety of awesome flavors. The crackers are just wow too! They are crunchy, salty, and flavorful and you can’t even tell they are paleo and gluten-free. My husband LOVE THEM and he’s pretty picky with his crackers!
A special discount on Hu Kitchen products for you!
I love them so much I’ve joined their ambassador program to provide you all with a discount so you can try it too! Check out Hu Kitchen products HERE and use DANIELLE15 for 15% off!
Is this Healthy?
Yes! There are several nutritious items on this board you can feel good about eating:
- Hu Kitchen’s paleo, vegan, and organic crackers
- Hu Kitchen paleo, vegan, and organic chocolate
- Fresh Summer fruit
- light cheese options, I also select high quality cheeses
- Walnuts, which are full of protein, fiber, minerals and vitamins
other delicious appetizer ideas
I hope you enjoyed these tips for creating a beautiful, cheese board and use them to create your own!
If you make your own version of a summer fruit and cheese board, please share it or leave comment below! I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Summer Fruit and Cheese Board
This summer fruit and cheese board is the a pretty, fresh, and elegant spread sure to impress.
- 1 7-8 oz block of smoked gouda sliced
- 1 7-8 oz block of creamy Havarti sliced
- 1 60 oz log of herb goat cheese
- 1 box Hu Kitchen Everything or Sea Salt Crackers
- 10-12 large strawberries halved
- 1 cup cherries
- 2-3 peaches sliced
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1-2 bars Hu Kitchen sea salt dark chocolate
- Anything else you would like to add to the board!
Arrange cheeses, fruits, nuts, and crackers around a board or serving platter. Serve and enjoy!