This watermelon fruit salad features sweet, juicy watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, and a refreshing honey lime dressing. It celebrates beautiful summer fruits and takes a classic fruit salad to a whole new level!Jump to Recipe
Beautiful Summer Fruit Put to Good Use
It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to an end. While I am ready to say good bye to the insane heat and humidity, I’m not ready to give up on summer produce. That’s why I am bringing you 3 new recipes this week that highlight some of my fav summer produce.
First up, this fresh, light, and flavorful watermelon fruit salad. It stars my fav summer fruits, watermelon and berries. It’s topped with a super quick yet flavorful mint, lime, and honey dressing. It’s simple, delicious, pretty, and refreshing! Perfect for these hot August days. It also comes together in just about 15 minutes.
This watermelon fruit salad is also super versatile. It works as a light breakfast on it’s own or topped on yogurt or some overnight oats. It also works as a delicious, healthy afternoon snack. It would also star at any BBQ as a pretty side dish!
Here’s what you need to make this watermelon fruit salad:
- Watermelon, one of the best summer fruits in my opinion. It’s sweet and juicy and totally addictive. It’s the star of this fruit salad!
- Berries, I adore summer berries. I used all my favs, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
- Lime juice and zest, adds a hint of sour acidity that makes the fruit salad pop whole also balancing the sweetness in the fruit.
- Fresh mint, adds a refreshing note that makes the fruit salad interesting and delicious.
- Honey, adds an additional hint of sweetness plus a lovely floral note that compliments the fruit.
How to make this watermelon fruit salad
This salad is super simple to make; it comes together in under 15 minutes.
First, cube the watermelon. I like to cut the watermelon into small cubes that match the size of the other fruits so the fruit salad is cohesive and easy to eat. You could also use a watermelon baller and make the watermelon into balls.
Next, slice the strawberries. Make sure to not slice them too thin or they will get mushy in the fruit salad. I cut them into about 1/2 inch slices.
Now, in a large bowl, add the lime juice, zest, honey, and mint and whisk into all combined. Add in all of the fruit to the bowl. Gently toss until all the fruit is lightly covered in the dressing. Top with extra mint and honey, if desired. Place in the fridge to marinate, about an hour. This allows the dressing to impart its flavor into the fruit.
This salad is best served cold. I also think this fruit salad is best served the day it’s made. If you have leftovers, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge, for no more than 2 days.
Is this fruit salad healthy?!
Very! The salad contains only fresh, ripe fruits as it’s base. The dressing is made with three simple ingredients, lime, honey, and mint. This watermelon fruit salad is also gluten-free and refined sugar free. It’s just a simple and wholesome celebration of fresh, summer fruit that you can feel good about eating!
Here’s how you can make this fruit salad your own:
- Use more fruit; Blackberries, peaches, or cherries would also work beautifully.
- Switch up the herbs; not a mint fan?! Add basil instead for a fresh, earthy note.
- Cheese please?!? A yummy tangy goat cheese or sharp salty feta would pair nicely with the ripe, sweet, summer fruit.
- Crunch factor; nuts or some granola would be a great topper for this fruit salad.
- Make it vegan; this watermelon fruit salad could easily be made vegan by using maple syrup or agave instead of honey. Both have a beautiful robust sweetness that will make this fruit salad sing.
Other dishes that celebrate summer produce:
This watermelon fruit salad is light, refreshing and totally addictive! It’s the perfect way to use up that fresh, summer fruit!
If you make these watermelon fruit salad, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Watermelon Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
This watermelon fruit salad features sweet, juicy watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, and a refreshing honey lime dressing. It celebrates beautiful summer fruits and takes a classic fruit salad to a whole new level!
- Juice of one large lime
- Zest of one large lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint plus more for topping
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
In a large bowl, add the lime juice and zest, honey, mint, and salt. Stir till well-combined. Add fruit to the bowl and toss in the dressing. Top with extra fresh mint and a touch honey, if desired. Serve and enjoy!