This epic holiday cheese & fruit board features 3 different cheese, fresh, Fall produce, earthy and sweet fig jam, a delicious blend of mixed nuts, and rich, sweet honey. This show-stopping cheeseboard was made entirely from ingredients found at my local Jewel-Osco.
An epic and easy holiday cheese & fruit board
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. All opinions are 100% my own.
My favorite go-to party appetizer is an epic cheese board. It’s easy to put together but still looks beautiful and sophisticated. Plus, has something to please everyone, so makes the whole family happy for holiday get togethers!
This year, holiday celebrations may look and feel a little different, but that doesn’t have to stop us from enjoying a fun and festive holiday. Even though my holiday celebrations will be a bit smaller, I still plan to go the extra mile to create memorable dishes for my immediate family. This holiday cheeseboard is the perfect way to celebrate, and impress, my loved ones!
Tips for making a holiday cheese and fruit board
When creating a cheeseboard, I like to keep it seasonal. For instance, I created a fruit and summer cheese board using delicious, ripe, colorful fruit found only in the summer and lighter cheeses. I’ve also created a Spring inspired hummus platter, which features Spring produce, like snap peas, carrots and radishes with a light, flavorful hummus.
For the holidays, I created this Fall inspired cheeseboard using Fall produce and seasonal eats. Here’s how I kept it true to this season:
- Rich, Fall appropriate cheeses. Since it’s chilly in Fall, I wanted to use heartier, richer cheeses. I used a sharp white cheddar, funky, gooey brie, and a smoky gouda. These robust cheeses pair great with Fall produce.
- Seasonal produce. I used fruits that are bountiful in Fall, like pears, pomegranates, and honey-crisp apples. These fruits remind everyone of Fall and signal to your guests this is a Fall cheese platter.
- Color theme. I used hues of reds and greens, which are the colors of the holidays. The reds are found in the Fall produce. Plus, I added pops of green by using fresh, rosemary, a fragrant and festive Fall herb.
- A little something sweet. To pair with these rich, tangy cheeses, I added fresh local honey and a delicious fig spread. These sweet extras help play into the Fall holiday theme while also pairing perfectly with the cheeses.
- Extra seasonal eats. Any good cheeseboard needs something crunchy to go with the cheese and fruit. I added an assortment of entertainment crackers and mixed nuts from Jewel-Osco’s Signature Select® line.
- Wine pairing. To me, a cheeseboard always needs to pair with a good glass of wine. In the cozy, cool Fall months, I prefer a glass of red. I recommend a Pinot noir or blend to accompany this holiday cheese & fruit board.
Where to find the ingredients for this epic holiday cheese & fruit board
I purchased all of the ingredients for this show stopping cheese & fruit platter from my local Jewel-Osco. With a friendly and knowledgeable staff plus great assortment of fresh, affordable, high quality products, it’s no wonder Jewel-Osco is my favorite local grocery store!
Jewel-Osco has a great assortment of fresh cheeses and produce, making it easy to customize your cheeseboard for any season. I also made the cheeseboard extra special by adding delicious, rich clover honey, mixed nuts, and an assortment of entertaining crackers from their Signature SELECT™ line.
I buy my Signature SELECT, O Organics® and Open Nature® products at my local Jewel-Osco stores, and you can also find them exclusively at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets, Albertsons, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway. Visit jewelosco.com to find a store near you and discover meal prep tips and recipe ideas.
Jewel-Osco also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
Why this cheese & fruit board is perfect for your holiday entertaining
This cheeseboard is perfect for your holiday get-togethers this year for several reasons:
- It has something to please everyone, so everyone in your family will love it!
- You can customize the size based on how many people will be at your holiday gathering. So even if you are just getting together with your closest family members, you can make it perfect for a small gathering!
- It’s super simple and easy to put together.
- It’s beautiful and sure to impress!
This epic holiday cheese & fruit board is an elegant way to impress your family for the holidays. No one has to know it was super simple to make thanks to the great selection at your local Jewel-Osco store!
If you make this holiday cheese & fruit board, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Holiday Cheese and Fruit Board
A beautiful and festive holiday cheese and fruit board perfect for entertaining!
- 1 8oz block shark white cheddar sliced
- 1 6 oz round block smoked gouda sliced
- 1 8 oz wheel of brie
- 1 medium red pear thinly sliced
- 1 medium honey crisp apple thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegrante arils
- 1 box Signature SELECT entertaining crackers
- 1 BAG Signature SELECT mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup Signature SELECT clover honey
- 1/2 cup fig jam
- favorite red wine to pair
- 1 small container rosemary for garnish, optional
Take out a large cheese platter. Add the brie to the center. Arrnage the other cheese, fruit, jam, and crackers around the brie. Add spigs of rosemary for garnish.
Serve with red wine. Enjoy!