These healthy chicken Caesar wraps are a quick, delicious, nutrient-packed meal your whole family will love. Whole wheat tortillas filled with shredded chicken and romaine lettuce, shaved parmesan, tangy quick pickled red onion, creamy avocado, crunchy croutons, and the BEST Greek Yogurt Caesar dressing.
healthy chicken caesar wraps
There are two things my husband seriously loves: chicken Caesar salad and wraps. Combine the two and he’s one happy man. In fact, when we lived in Chicago, he got a chicken Caesar wrap every Sunday for lunch from an amazing local deli. That’s why it seemed like a no brainer to re-create it for him but of course give it a my healthy spin.
ingredients in this healthy chicken Caesar wrap
The ingredients for this healthy chicken Caesar wrap are simple:
- whole wheat tortillas, here’s some kinds I love (Angelic Bakehouse + Tumaros).
- rotisserie chicken, I love rotisserie chickens, it’s flavorful, juicy, and affordable, making this a quick and budget-friendly meal.
- shredded romaine lettuce, adds greens to this dish plus is traditional to a Cesar salad.
- quick pickled red onion, adds color and tang to cut through all the richness.
- ripe avocado, adds a creamy element, pretty color, and extra healthy fats!
- whole wheat croutons, adds a nice crunch factor that wraps desperately need. Plus, the croutons are an important part of a Cesar salad!
- shaved parmesan, adds that salty umami bite that pairs perfectly with Cesar dressing.
- the BEST homemade Greek Yogurt Caesar dressing, uses a few simple ingredients to create a flavor packed and nutritious dressing.
the BEST homemade Greek Yogurt Caesar dressing
The star of this wrap is the homemade Greek Yogurt Caesar dressing. I use Greek Yogurt in place of most of the mayo to lighten up this dressing.
The key to making a creamy and flavor-packed yogurt based dressing is amping up the supporting flavors. I added anchovy paste (a must for Caesar dressing), Worcestershire sauce, fresh garlic, lemon juice, and a little bit of olive oil based mayo to bring this dressing to life. I also use olive oil to provide a silly velvety texture to the sauce. Finally, folding in fresh grated parmesan adds richness and saltiness that makes this dressing irresistible.
how to make these chicken Caesar wraps
In under an hour, you can have a light meal ready. They also work great for meal prep for a lunch/dinner the next day.
Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Make the Caesar dressing in a small food processor or blender.
- Make the easy quick pickled red onions.
- Combine all the ingredients so they are evenly covered in dressing.
- Add all of the ingredients to the multigrain wrap and secure.
Bam! You’re done! It’s as easy as that!
how are these wraps healthy?
There are a few tricks I used to lighten up this dish:
- used whole wheat wraps (and made sure to use a kind with wholesome ingredients and not too caloric), which are filled with fiber and nutrients.
- made a homemade Greek Yogurt based dressing, which is much less calories and fat than the regular mayo-based Caesar dressing.
- used all fresh, real ingredients.
- added extra veggies. A typical Caesar salad is just lettuce, croutons, cheese, and dressing. I amped up the flavors, vibrance, and nutrients by adding pickled red onion and creamy avocado.
other family-friendly healthy meals
- chipotle taco chili
- winter brussel sprout and apple salad
- winter bliss buddha bowls
- Italian chopped salad with pesto smoked mozzarella flatbread
- creamy tomato soup + 3 cheese grilled cheese
These healthy chicken Caesar wraps are a delicious, kid/hubby friendly, & easy meal!
If you make these chicken Caesar wraps, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Healthy Chicken Caesar Wraps
These healthy chicken Caesar wrap are a delicious, kid and hubby friendly, easy meal!
The BEST Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil based mayo
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons anchove paste
- Half a medium lemon about 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 4-6 large whole wheat wraps
- 1 rotisserie chicken white meat pulled and shredded
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- 1/2 cup whole wheat croutons
Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
For the quick pickled red onions, mix the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl until honey and salt dissolve. Place onion in a jar; pour vinegar mixture over. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. These can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and chill.
To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a food process (except salt and parmesan cheese), and blend until smooth and well-incorporated. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary (I added about a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper). Fold in the parmesan cheese.
To make the wraps, add romaine lettuce, chicken, and parmesan cheese to a large bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss until the ingredients are well-mixed. Divide the mixture between the wraps. Top with pickled red onions and croutons and wrap tightly.
Serve and enjoy!