These berry almond butter smoothies are made with frozen bananas and mixed berries, almond milk, almond butter, spinach, dates, cinnamon, and vanilla. It’s a delicious, healthy breakfast treat!
Berry Almond Butter Smoothies
I’m obsessed with these berry almond butter smoothies. It’s a delicious and healthy blend of frozen berries and bananas, spinach, almond butter, milk, dates and cinnamon. The result is a balanced, perfectly sweet, and vibrant fruit forward smoothie with subtle nutty notes from the almond butter.
Tips for making berry almond butter smoothie
- Use frozen berries and bananas. It helps to create a luscious, thick smoothie.
- Soak your dates. I always keep my dates in the fridge, which prolongs their shelf life, but also dries them out a bit. So, I soak them in water overnight so they will blend better in the smoothie.
- Use almond butter or some kind of nut butter. It helps to thicken the smoothie. The nutty, rich flavor also balances the tart, sweet flavor from the berries.
- Add milk gradually. I prefer a thicker smoothie, so I only used 1 1/2 cups of almond milk to start. If the smoothie seems too thick, you can add 1/4 cup more almond milk at a time until you reached your desired consistency. If you add all the milk at first and it ends up too runny, it’s much more difficult to thicken it again. That’s why I suggest gradually adding the milk.
- Add cinnamon. The use of cinnamon adds a subtle earthy note while also complimenting the almond butter which results in a very balanced and delicious smoothie.
- Add greens. I added a handful of spinach for extra nutrients in the smoothie. You can’t taste it but you reap the health benefits!
how to make these berry almond butter smoothies
Another reason I adore smoothies: they are super easy to make. These berry almond butter smoothies are as easy a 1, 2, 3….
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses (this recipe makes about 2-3), add straw, and enjoy!
is this smoothie healthy
Yes. Very! It’s made with all natural and wholesome ingredients.
Plus, all of the ingredients add extra healthy benefits: The berries add antioxidants, bananas add potassium, spinach adds vitamins, almond butter adds protein, and dates add fiber and natural sugars.
Better yet, this smoothie is refined sugar free, gluten-free, and vegan. It’s the perfect, delicious, & healthy breakfast treat!
other smoothie ideas
These delicious and healthy berry almond butter smoothies are my new favorite because they are bright, creamy, nutty, and delicious. They are sure to become a favorite for you too!
If you make these berry almond butter smoothies, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Berry Almond Butter Smoothies
- 2 bananas frozen and chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries*
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 dates pitted
- Handful spinach optional
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk plus half cup if thinner consistency desired
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If smoothie is too thick for your liking, add more almond milk, 1/4 cup at a time, until reach desired consistency.
Divide the smoothie between 2-3 glasses.
I used a store-bought bag blend that contained a mix of frozen blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.