This winter Aperol spritz will be your go-to cocktail for the holidays. It’s pretty and festive, tart, sweet, and bubbly, and so easy to make! Plus, it combines the classic winter flavors of orange and cranberry for the perfect seasonal twist on this beloved cocktail.Jump to Recipe
Cocktail Party Season
It’s the most wonderful time of year. Holiday cocktail party season! It’s time to rock those sparkly dresses, get your hair and nails done, and drink some fancy cocktails in a fancy glass. Woo!
This winter Aperol spritz is here for the party. She’s pretty, sophisticated, and bubbly. She also only takes a few minutes to prepare but looks super impressive. She’ll be the life of the party!
Ingredients in a winter aperol spritz
- Aperol, Aperol is an Italian bitters apéritif made from a blend of different wines, herbs, and spices. It has a vibrant orange hue and sweet citrusy & slightly bitter taste.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice, this gives us those winter vibes. I use unsweetened as the Aperol and Prosecco already provide enough sweetness. Cranberry works great with the orange flavored Aperol for that classic orange cranberry combo.
- Prosecco, it’s an Italian sparkling wine that is light-bodied, vibrant, fresh, highly aromatic and crisp. It has a medium to high amount of acidity and large, frothy bubbles. It typically has notes of apple, pear, melon, and honeysuckle flavors. It pairs beautifully with Aperol.
- Soda Water, just a touch to add a little more sparkle and balance all those bold flavors.
- Orange Wheel + Cranberries, to make the cocktail pretty and festive!
How to make this winter Aperol Spritz
It’s so easy to make! Simply, add Aperol and unsweetened cranberry juice to the bottom of a flute glass or coupe. Top with Prosecco and a splash of soda water. Garnish with an orange wheel and cranberries. Viola! That’s it!
This cocktail is great for parties since it’s so easy to make. You can set up a Aperol spritz station with all the ingredients. Simply leave an instruction guide (always cute on a small standup chalkboard sign) and glasses and your guests can easily create this drink on their own.
other fun cocktail ideas
This winter Aperol spritz is beautiful, festive, and so easy. Just what you need for fun, effortless Holiday entertaining!
If you make this winter Aperol spritz, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Winter Aperol Spritz
- 2 ounces Aperol
- 1 ounce unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3 to 4 ounces Prosecco or other sparkling white wine)
- Dash club soda
- Orange wheels slices, for garnish
- 2-3 whole cranberries for garnish
Add Aperol and unsweetened cranberry juice to the bottom of a champagne glass. Top with Prosecco and a splash of soda water. Garnish with orange wheel and cranberries.