Be merry and bright this holiday season with this Pomegranate French 75. It’s perfectly tart, sweet, and bubbly and sure to put you in the holiday spirit! Made with pomegranate juice, lemon juice, pure maple syrup, Empress 1908 Gin, and sparkling wine.Jump to Recipe
Let’s get into the holiday spirit!
No holiday season is complete without a good holiday cocktail (or mocktail!). Something fun, festive, and fruity to sip on during those holiday parties or at home celebrations. I like to create a new one each season and this year’s might be my favorite yet.
It’s a pomegranate French 75. A holiday spin on a classic and favorite cocktail. A French 75 typically consists of lemon juice, simple syrup, gin or cognac, and champagne. The addition of pomegranate and maple syrup gives this classic cocktail those holiday vibes and also provides a gorgeous magenta hue. It’s fun and pretty to sip on and will put you in the holiday spirit!
What you’ll need to make this Pomegranate French 75
Here’s what you will need to create this cocktail:
- pomegranate juice, is slightly sweet and tangy and provides some holiday flair to this drink. It’s also full of antioxidants and nutrients so makes this a feel good drink! I use 100% pomegranate juice to avoid any unwarranted added sugar.
- lemon juice, adds a bright, citrusy pop to wake this drink up and help balance the sweetness.
- pure maple syrup, gives the perfect, rich sweetness to this drink.
- Empress 1908 Gin, my fav gin! It’s a premium gin made with 18 botanicals which creates a delicate, modern flavor profile. It also gives this cocktail a more robust, pretty color!
- sparkling wine, adds a little fizz and a little fun!
How to make this cocktail
- Prepare shaker and glass; add ice to a shaker and add two big ice cube to two coupe glasses (you can also use a champagne glass and omit ice).
- Add ingredients to the shaker; add the pomegranate juice, gin, lemon juice, and maple syrup to the shaker and shake vigorously so the drink becomes nice and cold. Pour into the coupe glasses.
- Top with sparkling wine; top each glass with sparkling wine (champagne, cava, or prosecco works too!).
- Garnish and serve; garnish with a lemon peel, sprig of rosemary, and pomegranate seeds to make it festive and fun. Enjoy!
Why you’ll love it:
- simple and easy; this cocktail uses minimal, easy to find ingredients and takes only minutes to make. Yes!
- pretty and elegant; this drink, with it’s magenta hue and natural garnishes, is a beautiful masterpiece sure to impress your guests!
- uses real ingredients; this drink is perfectly balanced and sweet as it uses natural and real pomegranate juice and pure maple syrup.
- delicious, fruity, and bubbly; with tart pomegranate juice, bright lemon juice, pure, rich sweetness from the maple syrup, beautiful, elegant flavor from the gin, and pop from the sparkling wine, this drink boasts a magical flavor profile!
Other fun and festive cocktails
- Cranberry Orange French 75
- Winter Aperol Spritz
- Apple Cider Old
- The Nutty St. Nick, a bourbon eggnog cocktail
This pomegranate French 75 is bubbly, sweet, balanced, fruity, fun, and festive – the perfect cocktail to celebrate the holidays!
If you make this pomegranate French 75, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, because sharing is caring!
Pomegranate French 75
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 4 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp pure maple syrup simple syrup works too
- Prosecco, Champagne, or sparkling wine for topping
- Pomegranate seeds optional
- Sprig of rosemary optional
- Lemon slices optional
In a shaker with ice, add pomegranate juice, gin, lemon juice, and maple syrup and shake vigorously. Stain into two coupe glasses with big ice cubes. Top with Prosecco. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, lemon slice, and sprig of rosemary, if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply