This avocado toast Christmas tree is the ultimate holiday brunch treat. Perfectly toasted whole wheat crostini’s topped with a bright, green avocado spread assembled in a tree shape. Then garnished with tangy goat cheese for snow and juicy pom poms for ornaments. Fresh basil is added below and on top to bring the tree to life. Finally, crispy bacon is placed at the bottom to resemble a tree trunk. It’s so easy to make but looks super impressive. The perfect way to start Christmas day!Jump to Recipe
Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree!
Avocado toast is my favorite! So, I needed a way to find a way to make it festive to serve for Christmas brunch!
Enter, this adorable and delicious avocado toast Christmas tree.
Whole wheat crostini’s topped with a delicious, bright avocado spread, crumbled goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds. The avocado toasts are arranged in a Christmas tree shape. The goat cheese resembles snow and the pom poms look like little shiny ornaments. The basil adds freshness and helps enhance the tree effect!
This avocado toast Christmas tree will have your guests shout in glee. It’s so cute and features the best brunch treat!
Ingredients in this Avocado Toast Christmas Tree
Here’s what you will need to make this brunch treat:
- a half whole wheat baguette, I used a whole grain baguette as I like it’s slightly nuttier flavor and added nutritional benefits and fiber. It’s cut into 1/2 inch slices, drizzled with olive oil and a dash of sea salt, and toasted to golden brown perfection. It works as the base of our tree!
- avocado, combined with fresh lemon juice, Worcestershire, and garlic salt to create a vibrant and flavorful spread. It’s also green which helps create our Christmas tree effect.
- fresh basil, the leaves mimic the leaves of a tree, so enhances the Christmas tree effect. It also adds a pop of freshness to the avo toast.
- goat cheese, the tangy goat cheese pairs beautifully with the bright avocado spread. The crumbles also look like snow!
- pomegranate seeds, adds little bright pops of juicy goodness. They also look like sparkly ornaments that help complete our tree!
- bacon, works as the tree stump. Plus, any good brunch needs bacon!
How to make this Avocado Toast Christmas Tree
This treat looks impressive, but is so simple to make:
- Slice the baguette; into 1/2 inch slices. You will need about 14 slices to create the tree. You can also use one whole baguette to create two trees if you have a bigger crowd and need more crostini’s for your guests.
- Toast the crostini’s; drizzle the slices with olive oil and sea salt. Toast in a 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crispy. Let cool.
- Make the avocado spread; in a medium bowl, combine one large avocado, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt (see recipe card below for exact measurements). Combine until smooth and creamy.
- Arrange basil and crostini’s in tree shape; on a large cutting board or serving platter, arrange the basil leaves in a tree shape (a triangle with the main small point on top). Place the crostini’s on top.
- Add avocado spread; spread a generous amount of the avocado spread on each crostini.
- Garnish with goat cheese and pom poms; top each crostini with goat cheese crumbles and pom poms. Garnish each with small whole basil leaves.
- Finish with bacon; Place slice of bacon at the bottom to resemble a tree trunk.
Other Holiday recipes
- The best healthier brownie cookies
- Ultimate Almond Butter Cookies
- Winter Aperol Spritz
- Apple Pie Cheesecake
- Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
This Avocado Toast Christmas Tree, fun, delicious, and easy brunch idea for Christmas morning!
If you make this Avocado Toast Christmas Tree, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Avocado Toast Christmas Tree
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Few dashes Worcestershire
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Avocado Toast Christmas Tree
Half whole wheat baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup fresh basil more for garnish
- 5-6 slices cooked bacon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut baguette into about 14 1/2 in slices. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.
Toast for about 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown and crispy.
Meanwhile, make the avocado spread by combining all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
Top each crostini with avocado spread.
On a large wood cutting board (or other white or natural colored board) arrange the basil in a tree shape. Top with the crostini’s on top of the basil to resemble a tree. Garnish with goat cheese crumbles, pomegranate seeds, and small basil leaves.
Place slice of bacon at the bottom to resemble a tree trunk.
Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply