This salami and cream sandwich features delicious, high quality, and flavorful Olli Salumeria pre-sliced hard salami and sopressata chubs, creamy whipped cream cheese, spicy giardiniera, tangy mustard, and fresh lettuce all on a soft pretzel roll. This sandwich is a beautiful combination of flavors and textures; it’s addictive!
This post is sponsored by Olli Salumeria but all opinions are my own.
An addictive sandwich
As we welcome the warm, sunny days of summer, it’s the perfect time to enjoy some outdoor activities with friends and family. Whether it’s a day at the park, a visit to the beach, or a stroll in nature, one thing that always makes these moments even more enjoyable is a delicious sandwich.
But forget about boring, soggy, or basic subs. Elevate your sandwich game with this flavorful and addictive salami and cream cheese creation. This sandwich is so simple yet so delicious, thanks to the combination of savory, spicy, creamy, and tangy flavors.
The secret to this sandwich’s irresistible taste is Olli Salumeria pre-sliced hard salami and their Preservative Free Sopressata chubs. These meats pack big flavor, with just the right amount of spice and sweetness and a balanced, fresh taste that will make your taste buds dance. These complex salamis make this sandwich shine!
Ingredients in this sandwich
Olli Salumeria pre-sliced hard salami, a dry, smokey salami seasoned with garlic, salt, white pepper and red wine.
Sopressata Chubs, a robust salami flavored with whole black peppercorn and garlic. It has a memorable, classic salami taste that embodies all that we love about this cured meat. It’s also preservative free so something you can feel good about eating.
Cream cheese, adds a creamy element that pairs perfectly with the smoky salami and spiced Sopressata.
Giardiniera, adds a tangy, spicy, bright moment that wakes up the whole sandwich.
mustard, adds a little more tang and pop to the sandwich.
Romaine Lettuce, a little freshness to round out the other rich, bold flavors.
Pretzel bun, soft, buttery, and flavorful with pops of salt, it’s the perfect vessel for this amazing sandwich.
How to put together this Salami and Cream Cheese Sandwich
This sandwich is simple to make:
- First, slather on cream cheese on one half of your pretzel bun.
- Next, add the desired amount of giardiniera.
- Time for the good part, add the Olli Salumeria pre-sliced salami and thinly sliced Sopressata chubs.
- Finally, smear mustard on the other half of the bun and top with romaine lettuce.
- Viola, you’ve got yourself a drool worthy and delicious sandwich.
Why You’ll Love this Sandwich
- Easy, this sandwich uses only a handful of ingredients and takes minutes to prepare.
- Delicious, this sandwich packs a flavor punch thanks to bold, spicy, and well-rounded flavors like Olli Salumeria pre-sliced salami and Sopressata chubs.
- Make-Ahead friendly, you can make these the morning of an event, party, or picnic as they stay fresh if prepared correctly. Here are some tips to make ahead: first, add the saucy elements, like the giardiniera, cream cheese, and mustard in the middle of the sandwich away from the bun to prevent a soggy bun. Instead, use the salamis and lettuce as a shield for the bun. Next, wrap them up tightly and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
This salami and cream cheese sandwich featuring delicious, high quality, and flavorful Olli Salumeria pre-sliced hard salami and sopressata chubs, creamy whipped cream cheese, spicy giardiniera, tangy mustard, and fresh lettuce all on a soft pretzel roll, packs so much flavor!
If you make this salami and cream cheese sandwich, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, because sharing is caring!
Salami and Cream Cheese Sandwich
This salami and cream sandwich features delicious, high quality, and flavorful Olli Salumeria pre-sliced hard salami and sopressata chubs, creamy whipped cream cheese, spicy giardiniera, tangy mustard, and fresh lettuce all on a soft pretzel roll.
- 1 5 ounces oblong pretzel roll
- 2-3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or finely chopped drained giardiniera optional
- 8-10 super-thin slices salami peppered salami is great here
- 1 tablespoon mustard or to taste
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 3-4 thin slices of ripe tomato optional
Split the roll horizontally in half. Spread 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese generously on the bottom. Top with 1 tablespoon chives or giardiniera; press it into the cream cheese.
Layer 8-10 salami slices over the cream cheese. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on the underside of the top of the roll. Close the sandwich and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 1 day. Pack 2 lettuce leaves and 3-4 tomato slices separately in small containers. Add them to the sandwich just before eating.