This beautiful yet simple peach and blueberry summer salad features mixed greens, juicy ripe peaches, tart and sweet blueberries, tangy goat cheese, creamy avocado, crunchy pistachios, bright pickled red onion, and fresh basil plus a sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette. It’s the perfect summer lunch or even light and fresh dinner!Jump to Recipe
The Perfect Summer Salad
One of my favorite things to eat during summer is fresh, simple salads. Salads don’t have to be boring! I think they are a blank canvas that allows you to get creative and make magic. Especially, during the summer when there is so much great, fresh produce to use in making salads.
This year, the peaches have been just amazing at the farmer’s market. Big, juicy, perfectly sweet, and totally irresistible. These beautiful peaches, along with some other great summer produce, inspired this salad.
This peach and blueberry summer salad celebrates fresh summer produce. I created it by using produce I picked up at my local Farmer’s Market. It starts with local mixed greens, which are topped with those juicy peaches & sweet, tart and snappy blueberries. We also have an amazing cheese stand at our market where I picked up a blueberry goat cheese – it’s sweet and tangy with chunks of real blueberries – the perfect addition to this salad. I also topped the salad with creamy avocado, bright, acidic red onions, and crunchy pistachios.
The salad is completed with a bright, tangy, and slightly sweet balsamic maple dressing. It’s a balanced, beautiful, and healthy salad!
Ingredients in this Peach and Blueberry Summer Salad
Here is what you need to make this peach and blueberry summer salad:
- peaches, juicy, sweet, and succulent, peaches star in this salad.
- blueberries, blubs work so well with peaches. They have a zippy flavor and snappy bite that compliments the sweet, juicy peaches.
- goat cheese, I used a blueberry goat cheese to add an extra blueberry punch. The creamy, sweet, and tangy goat cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet, ripe fruit.
- avocado, adds creamy goodness to the salad. The mild, earthy flavor also helps balance the sweetness of the fruit.
- pistachios, I believe all salads need a crunch factor to add much needed texture. Pistachios are the perfect choice for this salad as it’s slightly sweet, earthy flavor goes so well with the sweet fruit.
- pickled red onion, adds a bright, acidic note that helps balance the other sweet, earthy flavors.
- basil, fresh herbs help wake up the salad and add a fresh note. I love basil for this salad as it’s almost anise-like flavor works well with sweet fruits.
Is this Peach and Blueberry Summer salad healthy?!
Yes! It’s made with all wholesome, real ingredients. Plus, the dressing is made from scratch (so no icky preservatives). The salad is gluten-free, vegetarian, refined sugar free, and vegan/dairy free/paleo friendly if you use a vegan goat cheese or omit the cheese.
Here’s some ideas to make this salad your own:
- Add more summer fruit: Cherries or other berries would work well.
- Change up the cheese: Try a different flavored goat cheese, like herb or honey. More pungent cheeses like feta or blue cheese would also work well.
- More veggies, yes please: Diced radishes or carrots would work well to add crunch and more vibrant colors.
- Add a protein: make this a complete meal by adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or steak.
- Bring on the fresh herbs: mint, parsley, or fresh thyme would be welcome guests to this fruity party!
other delicious summer salads
This Peach and Blueberry Summer Salad is bright, pretty, and delicious. It celebrates peaches and blueberries, two of my fav summer fruits. It will also show you that salads are anything but boring!
If you make this Peach and Blueberry Summer Salad, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Peach and Blueberry Summer Salad
Balsamic Maple Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- S&P to taste
- 4 cup mixed green
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 large peach sliced
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 4 oz blueberry goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- 1-2 large basil leaves julienned
Make the dressing. In a salad shaker, combine the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Vigorously shake until well-combined. Add in the olive oil and shake again until all the ingredients are well-incorporated and the dressing is emulsified.
In a large bowl, add the mixed greens. Top with remaining salad ingredients. Add desired amount of dressing and toss the salad. Serve and enjoy!