These vegan chai eggnog cheesecake bars are the perfect way to start Holiday sweets season! Chai spiced pecan crust topped with a luscious, creamy eggnog filling. Then, topped with melted dark chocolate and pecans or whipped cream and chai spices. These decadent squares are so delicious and bursting with holiday flavor. Best yet, they are packed with wholesome ingredients and are gluten-free, refined sugar free, and vegan. The Holidays never tasted so good!Jump to Recipe
Hello Holiday Sweets Season
It’s officially December, so enter all the Holiday sweets, like cookies, pies, bars, and more. It’s such a magical time of year! I am starting it off with this delicious new treat. Vegan chai eggnog cheesecake bars.
Why you’ll love this treat:
- It’s no bake. No need to turn on your oven for this treat. Just a few steps and a little freezing time for these to come to life!
- So flavorful but surprisingly light. These have the perfect kick eggnog flavor complimented by warm chai spices. There’s also just a touch of bourbon that gives these all the cozy vibes. But the filling is also super light and airy, making this dessert balanced and tasty!
- Packed with wholesome ingredients. These bars are made with all wholesome, real ingredients. Plus, are gluten-free, refined sugar free, and vegan.
- Store well. These store in the freezer for up to 2 months. That means you will have this delicious treat on hand all Holiday season. Plus, can be made ahead for parties/get togethers.
Ingredients in these vegan chai eggnog cheesecake bars
Here’s what you need to make this treat:
- dates, help bind the crust ingredients together and adds natural sweetness.
- pecans, provides flavor and crunch to the crust.
- chai spices, gives these bar all the cozy vibes. You can use a homemade chai spice blend or store-bought.
- coconut oil, helps bind the crust and firm the filling. I love using coconut oil as it’s packed with nutrients and vitamins, so is a great choice when using oil. The coconut flavor is basically undetectable too so not to worry if you don’t like coconut flavor.
- Whole Earth Allulose baking blends, both granular and brown, my absolute fav plant-based sweetener. It’s a plant-based zero calorie sweetener that tastes, bakes, and measure just like regular sugar. I’m obsessed and use it in my baking all the time!
- cashews, when soaked and blended, the cashews break down to create a luscious, creamy cheesecake filling. They also have a wonderful mild, sweet, nutty taste that work beautifully with the eggnog.
- plant-based egg nog, I recently discovered that there are so many great plant-based eggnogs available at my local grocery store. They have that wonderful rich, spiced eggnog taste without the dairy or eggs. I look for ones without tons of sugar to keep this treat light and nutritious!
- plant-based milk, just a touch to help cut through the richness of the eggnog.
- coconut cream, helps create a dreamy, rich, creamy filling. You can buy coconut cream on it’s own. You can also refrigerate full fat coconut cream and scoop the cream the forms on top.
- extra spices, a little cinnamon and nutmeg in the cheesecake filling compliment the rich eggnog flavor.
- bourbon, bourbon and eggnog go hand in hand. Just a touch helps rounds out the rich flavors and adds a touch of warmness perfect for the winter Holiday season.
How to make these vegan chai eggnog cheesecake bars
- Prepare the pan. Grease and line with parchment paper an 8×8 baking pan.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, add all of the crust ingredients and blend until it form a sticky mixture. Firmly press on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Make the filling: Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until super creamy. This takes about 5 minutes or so depending on the strength of your blender. Depending on the sweetness of your eggnog, you will need 1/4 or 1/3 cup of Whole Earth granulated allulose baking blend (I recommend adding 1/4 cup first, tasting, and adjusting sweetness if necessary). Pour the filling over the crust and smooth out with a spatula so it completely covers the crust.
- Freeze: freeze for 4 hours up to overnight. This allows the filling to firm up so you can cut it.
- Cut into bars: Cut into 9 or 16 squares.
- Top with goodness: I like to top these bars with either a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of chai spices OR a drizzle of delicious, melted dark chocolate.
How to store these bars?
These bars are best stored in an airtight container in the freezer. This helps ensure they keep their shape. It also keep them good for up to 2 months!
When ready to eat, I recommend transferring the bars to the refrigerator about an hour before serving or eating. This allows them to thaw slightly so they become soft and creamy again.
How are these healthier?
This treat is packed with wholesome, real ingredients (unlike most cheesecake recipes). Here’s why they are actually a nutritious powerhouse:
- The crust is sweetened with natural dates and Whole Earth plant-based zero calorie brown Allulose baking blend.
- The filling is mainly sweetened with Whole Earth’s granulated Allulose baking blend. This miracle sweetener has zero calories or sugar but tastes like the real deal. It’s creates a perfectly sweet, delicious cheesecake bar without any of the bad stuff.
- The only added sugar is from the eggnog, but I recommend finding one that’s either light on sugar or refined sugar free (just check the nutrition label and ingredient lists).
- Gluten-free. The crust is made mainly from nuts, so this treat is completely gluten-free.
- Vegan and dairy-free. I used plant-based eggnog and cashews to make this cheesecake, so it’s vegan-friendly and dairy-free!
Other delicious holiday treats
These vegan chai eggnog cheesecake bars are the perfect, delicious, and nutritious treat to make this Holiday season!
If you make these vegan chai eggnog cheesecake bars ,please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Vegan Chai Spiced Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
Starting off Holiday sweets season with these Vegan Chai Spiced Eggnog Cheesecake Bars. Chai spiced pecan crust topped with a luscious, creamy eggnog filling. Then, topped with melted dark chocolate and pecans or whipped cream and chai spices.
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 1 tablespoon Whole Earth Brown Sugar Allulose Baking Blend
- 1 tsp. chai spice blend store bought or homemade
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4-1/3 cup Whole Earth allulose baking blend depeding on preferred sweetness level
- ¾ cup plant-based eggnog
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut cream see notes
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons bourbon optional
- For topping melted whipped cream/chai spices or melted chocolate/pecans
Line and grease an 8×8 baking pan.
For the crust, add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until a sticky, wet sand-like mixture forms. Firmly press the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan.
For the filling, add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth (add 1/4 or 1/3 cup allulose baking blend, depending on your sweetness level and the sweetness of your eggnog). If not blending well, add a little more plant-based milk. Blend until a smooth, creamy, pourable batter forms. This can take 4-5 minutes for the cashews to break down and become creamy.
Top crust with the filling. Freeze for at least four hours up to overnight.
Cut into 12 bars. Top with whipped cream and chai spices or melted chocolate and pecans.
Serve and enjoy!
You can buy unsweetened coconut cream in a can (it will say coconut cream on the can). Or you can buy full fat coconut milk and place in the fridge overnight then use the cream on top of the can).