Introducing my Plant-based Chipotle Cheddar Burgers. A delicious plant-based cheese burger topped with avocado, pickled red onions, arugula, and a chipotle aioli. This burger is bursting with big flavor and is a healthy, plant-based option perfect for summertime grilling.
A plant-based option for grill season
Burger season is upon us. And fear not, my plant-based friends, you still get to join in on the fun! Introducing my plant-based Chipotle Cheddar burgers. A delicious plant-based cheese burger topped with avocado, pickled red onions, arugula, and a chipotle aioli.
Even the cheddar cheese is plant-based, thanks to my friends at Treeline. It tastes and looks just like regular cheddar cheese. Plus, melts perfectly, so you get that ooey gooey effect needed for a good cheeseburger. This burger also features a chipotle aioli made from Treeline’s Chipotle Serrano plant-based French style cheese.
This burger is bursting with big flavor and a delicious, healthy, and plant-based option perfect for summertime grilling.
Ingredients in this Plant-Based Chipotle Cheddar Burger
Here’s what you’ll need to make this plant-based Chipotle Cheddar burgers:
- a plant-based burger; there are so many good options on the market now. Typically, you can find a plant-based section in the meat section of your grocery store. I season mine with garlic salt and pepper and grill it (either outside or on a grill pan inside) for maximum flavor and to really mimic a grilled, juicy burger.
- Treeline Plant-based Cheddar Cheese slices; The rich and balanced flavor of this dairy-free sliced cheddar is a perfect addition to these burgers. This awesome plant-based cheese allows you to enjoy comfort food classics, like cheeseburgers, without the dairy.
- Treeline Chipotle Serrano plant-based French style cheese; helps create a delicious plant-based aioli that takes these burgers to the next level. The creamy French-Style cheese contains chipotle flakes and serrano pepper powder for a perfect balance of spice, smokiness and savory flavor in the Chipotle Serrano Pepper.
- lime juice; to help balance the spice and create a creamy, flavorful aioli.
- Whole Wheat buns; smear on some plant-based butter and add a sprinkle of garlic salt and toast until golden brown. Helps amplify the flavor of these buns and make the burger even tastier!
- pickled red onions; for a some needed crunch and little sweet and tangy flavor to balance the spice.
- avocado; for a creamy, earthy element. It also plays well with flavors like Chipotle and lime.
- arugula; for some green goodness to these burgers.
How to make these Plant-Based Chipotle Cheddar Burgers
- Make the aioli; combine the Treeline’s Chipotle Serrano plant-based French style cheese, fresh lime juice, and a touch of water to create a creamy, slightly spicy, and smokey sauce to top these burgers.
- Toast your buns; I think toasting and seasoning your buns makes all the difference. It adds another layer of flavor to the burger. Smear on some plant-based butter and add a sprinkle of garlic salt and toast until golden brown.
- Grill the burgers; season mine with salt and pepper and grill it (either outside or on a grill pan inside) to achieve grill marks and until it’s cooked through.
- Top with cheese; add a slice of Treeline’s plant-based cheddar cheese and cover until melted.
- Build your Burger; Add the aioli to inside of both buns. Starting with the bottom half of the bun, add the arugula, grilled plant-based burger, pickled red onions, avocado slices and finish with top half of the bun.
- Enjoy! I like to serve mine with chips or baked fries. So good!
More on Treeline Plant-based Cheeses
Treeline creates delicious, environment friendly, plant-based cheeses.
Treeline cheeses start with ethically sourced and sustainably farmed cashews from Brazil.
Their non-GMO cashews are grown in orchards free from pesticides and the raw material goes through rigorous sorting and analysis stages, assuring top quality products from the ground up.
Treeline creates cheeses with cashews as the base for their delicious taste, creamy consistency, and health benefits.
They also keep things simple by only adding a few other wholesome ingredients to round out the recipes.
They create a variety of plant-based cheese products, like shreds, slices, goat cheese, and spreads. Find your favorite here and use code DANILICIOUS15 for 15% off sitewide.
other delicious plant-based recipes
- sweet potato budha bowls
- plant-based chocolate cupcakes with cashew cream cheese frosting (another Treeline recipe!)
- Spring hummus & veggie platter
These Plant-based Chipotle Cheddar Burgers are a delicious, healthy option to kick off grilling season!
If you make these Plant-based Chipotle Cheddar Burgers. please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest so I can see your creations!
Plant-based Chipotle Cheddar Burgers
- 3 oz Treeline’s dairy free chipotle serrano pepper soft french style
- Juice of half a lime
- Splash water
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps. maple syrup
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 plant-based burger patties
- Garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 slices Treeline’s plant based cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled red onion
- 1 small avocado thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chipotle aioli more or less to taste
- 2 whole wheat buns
For the pickled red onions, add the thinly sliced red onions to a jar. Add remaining ingredients to the jar. Top with lid and shake vigorously. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours (but best if overnight).
For the aioli, combine Treeline’s Chipotle Serrano plant-based French style cheese, fresh lime juice, and water and until well-combined and creamy.
Heat your grill pan. Add a smear of plant-based butter and add a sprinkle of garlic salt to each piece of bun and toast face side down until golden brown. Remove from grill.
Season the plant-based burger patties with desired amount of garlic salt and pepper and grill it about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and it achieves grill makes.
Add a slice of Treeline’s plant-based cheddar cheese slices and allow to melt.
Add the aioli to inside of both buns. Starting with the bottom half of the bun, add the arugula, grilled plant-based burger, pickled red onions, avocado slices and finish with top half of the bun.