I’m sharing my easy Healthy Grocery List to provide you with an idea of what to pick up when at the grocery store to build a week’s worth of nutritious and delicious meals!
These post is sponsored by Jewel-Osco but all opinions are my own.
My Healthy Grocery List
Many people set goals to eat healthier in the New Year. This may seem like an intimidating and pricey task. Or you may think you have to embark on a life of bland-boring fussy food. Not anymore! Jewel-Osco’s O Organics ® and Open Nature® Lines makes eating for a healthy and organic life simple, affordable, fun, and delicious!
Today, I want to show you how to build a grocery list for a week’s worth of wholesome food that will help you eat delicious and nutritious meals all week. This list shows you how to utilize Jewel-Osco’s O Organics and Open Nature Lines. I love these lines because it features wholesome, budget-friendly, plant-based, gluten-free, and protein-rich foods.
Let’s get started!
Produce + Proteins
My first stop at the grocery store is the produce + protein isles. This is my favorite part of the store. It’s filled with beautiful, fresh fruit and vegetables, the base of any good meal. Plus, Jewel-Osco offers a great selection of fresh, organic meats to star in your main dishes.
Pro Tip: to shop economically in the produce isle, you should look for fruits and veggies that are in season. For example, during winter, citrus fruits, like blood ornages, are plentiful and affordable. Plus, in season fruit is freshest and ripest, which will produce better and tastier dishes.
(Seasonal favs: For Fall, apples and root veggies, spring has great veggies like carrots, peas, and radishes, and summer is all about the berries and corn).
I also like to plan my mains before heading to the store so I know what proteins to buy. That way I only buy what I need and can use it fresh that week (but of course, if plans change or you do not use all your proteins, meat freezes great!).
Here are some items to consider grabbing for your weekly shopping haul:
- O Organics Organic Chicken Tenders
- O Organics Organic Ground Beef 85-90% Lean 15% Fat
- O Organics Organic Beef Grass Fed Top Loin (or other lean meat or fish)
- O Organics Mixed Baby Greens (or lettuce of choice)
- O Organics Seasonal Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
Dairy + Fridge Staples
I always like to keep my fridge stocked with my favorite dairy products, snacks, and drinks. Eggs are always a staple because they work well for breakfast, main dishes, and desserts. I always have plain Greek yogurt in my fridge because of it’s versatility in dishes and it’s health benefits. Cheese is a must, because, well who doesn’t love cheese – top it and melt it on a dish or eat it as a snack. Finally, milk and butter are staples too. I prefer a non-dairy milk, like almond or coconut to use for oatmeal, smoothies, sauces, and more. I also like to keep butter in my fridge (it’s not my cooking fat of choice, but I do use it occasionally or bake with it).
Here are my usual go tos:
- O Organics Coconut Milk (or fav non-dairy-milk)
- Open Nature Flavored Icelandic Style Yogurt
- Open Nature Plain Greek Strained Yogurt
- O Organics Sharp White Cheddar Cheese (or fav cheese of choice)
- O Organics Free Range Eggs
- O Organics Unsalted Butter
- O Organic Traditional Hummus
My pantry is always filled with natural sweeteners, baking/cooking oils, and snacks/add ins, like dried fruit, nuts, nut butter, and granola.
Here are my must haves but pick out what you love and use in your cooking:
- O Organics Pure Honey
- O Organics Pure Maple Syrup
- O Organics Nut Butters
- O Organics Olive Oil
- O Organics Coconut Oil
- O Organics Cooking Spray
- O Organics Walnuts (or fav nut of choice)
- O Organics Dried Fruit
- O Organics Granola
Grains + Flours
Grains + flours are great staples for side dishes, salads, mains and baked goods. Here is what I love:
- O Organics Coconut Flour (or whole wheat or almond flour)
- O Organics Old Fashioned Oats (aka rolled oats)
- O Organics Quinoa (or other favorite grain like brown rice)
- O Organic Pasta Fusilli Chickpea (or other gluten-free pasta)
Snacks + Frozen Staples
What I really love about Jewel-Osco’s O Organics ® and Open Nature® lines is how many great, nutritious, and organic snacks you can find. Frozen staples are great for easy dinners or foods that have a long storage life. Frozen fruits and veggies also allow you to buy off season fruits and veggies, like berries or corn. Plus, you always need good snacks on hands (especially for busy mamas). I love that Jewel offers healthy, wholesome, affordable snacks I can feel good giving to Grayson and eating myself.
These are the ones I cannot get enough of:
- O Organics Tropical Blend Frozen Fruit
- Open Nature Broccoli Crust Pizza (seriously, so so good!)
- O Organics Vegetable Potsickers
- Open Nature Ice Cream Scandaless
- Open Nature Multigrain Pita Crackers
- Open Nature Pretzel Crisps
- Open Nature Date Bar Choc Chip Cookie Dough
Condiments + Canned Goods
Condiments and canned goods helps flavor and enhance dishes. They also have a relatively long self life if stored properly, so you only need to pick these things up periodically (monthly or longer, depending on how often you use it).
Some to stock up on are:
- O Organics Lemon & Olive Oil Dressing
- O Organics Garbonzo Beans
- O Organics Cannelloni Beans
- O Organics Tomato Sauce
- O Organics Crushed Tomatoes
- O Organics Spices
- O Organics Ketchup
- O Organics Dijon Mustard
- O Organics Mayo
- Open Nature Pickles
Meal + Snacks Ideas
Now that you have your groceries for the week, here are some ideas on how to create delicious meals using what you bought:
- Healthy Burger Bowls
- Steak Bulgogi Bowls
- Chipotle Taco Chili
- Greek Chicken Bowls
- Blood Orange + Kale Salad
- Winter Buddha Bowls
- Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Banana Bread Energy Bites
- Vegan Peanut Butter Snickers
Where to find your local Jewel-Osco
I buy y my O Organics and Open Nature products at my local Jewel-Osco, and you can also find them exclusively at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway. Visit safeway.com to find a store near you and discover meal prep tips and recipe ideas.
I hope you find these tips healthful and can create delicious, nutritious, and budget friendly meals for your family!