Sharing my favorite delicious and easy pantry staple recipes for every meal of the day. You’ll be surprised at the delicious, creative meals you can create using ingredients you already have at home!
Hi friends! I hope you all are staying safe and healthy during these unknown and unprecedented times.
I know being stuck at home (and working from home with kids!) can be frustrating and isolating. But I’m trying to look at the positives and realize how special it is to share more of my day with the people I love the most. My son said his first words this morning and I might have missed that if he was at day care!
Also, more time at home means more time for cooking great meals. Cooking and baking are both great ways to bring comfort and joy during uncertain times. Best yet, you can create delicious and healthy meals by using the items you typically keep in your pantry.
I’m providing tips on items to stock and my favorite recipes using kitchen staples. I will show you how to make delicious, easy, and comforting meals using ingredients you already have at home. Plus, all these recipes are flexible so can be altered to accommodate what you already have at home (and what you can find at you local grocery stores).
Let’s get to cooking!
What are pantry staples?
Pantry staples are items I like to keep on hand so I can whip up a quick, delicious meal on a whim. They’re nonperishable items, items with a long shelf life, or items that freeze well.
I thought I’d share my favorite go-to pantry staples. These are the foods that I’ve stocked to help get me through the next couple of weeks:
- Black beans
- Quinoa or brown rice
- Frozen fruits
- Frozen veggies
- Bananas, which also freeze well for smoothies
- Citrus Fruits
- Cacao powder
- Baking staples like whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder
- Olive oil, Sesame Oil, Walnut Oil and/or Coconut Oil
- Nut Butters
- Sweeteners – my favorites are coconut sugar, honey, and maple syrup
- Frozen gluten-free waffles, I prefer Kashi
- Pasta – I love Banza chickpea pasta
- Bread, English muffins, wraps (I love angelic bakehouse products) – these freeze great and will last longer
- Herbs and spices
- Meats that freeze well, like chicken and ground turkey or beef
- Pre-cooked sausage – goes great in pastas or sheet-pan meals with veggies
- Ice cream, I love halotop
- Frozen pizzas – I get cauliflower turkey pepperoni pizza
- Granola bars – I like Lara bars and Kind Bars
- Chips – I like Hippeas organic chickpea puffs and Terra sweet potato chips
I’m a huge believer that breakfast is most important meal of the day. If you are working from you, you now have more time to sit and enjoy breakfast. Here are a few recipes that will help you do that:
- Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Almond Butter Overnight Oats
- A Sassy Spoon’s Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Banana Muffins, 4 ways
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Sweet Potato Bacon Kale Hash
With all the stress and uncertainty in the world right now, it’s important to eat well-balanced, nutritious meals to keep you strong, healthy, and happy. These meals are delicious, easy, and use simple, kitchen essentials.
- Thai Turkey Burgers
- Healthy Pad Thai
- Baked Asian Chicken Tenders
- Healthy Bolognese
- Super Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- Lena’s Kitchen Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Lena’s Kitchen Easy Tuna Egg Salad
- Pasta Ragazza’s Pressure Cooker Peas and Pancetta Risotto
- A Sassy Spoon’s Easy Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Sweet Potato and Kale Bowls
- Elotes Avocado Toast
- Easy + Healthy Tomato Soup
Dessert always brings me comfort. Plus, I find baking relaxing and therapeutic. Try these delicious and wholesome desserts to help raise your spirits. Chocolate makes everything better in my book!
- Ultimate Almond Butter Cookies
- Superfood Brownie Truffles
- Trail Mix Energy Bites
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Pudding
- Pasta Ragazza’s Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
I hope you enjoy making these easy and delicious pantry staples recipes! If you need any help tweaking the recipe using things you already have in your pantry, do not hesitate to reach out or leave a comment below. I want to help you through this time with delicious food and cooking 🙂
Also, for a even more pantry staple recipe ideas, check out THIS post from my friends at Lena’s Kitchen!
Leave a Reply