Welcome to Hudson’s Mountain Woodland Nursery Tour. His mountain and woodland creature escape that is classy and modern but still gives those cozy nursery vibes! The color palette is mostly neutral with warm forest tones and small pops of color. The decor helps bring the space to life and makes it feel you are stepping straight into the woods. Let me take you around and show you how to recreate this magical space!
A Mountain Woodland Theme
I’m so excited to finally share Hudson’s nursery with you! Hudson is almost a year (wow, how time flies), so it’s about time. We went with a mountain woodland nursery theme, and I’m totally obsessed with how it turned out!
Hudson is my second baby boy! For his brother, Grayson, we went with a tribal boho vibe with a black and cream color palette (post coming soon). I adored how Grayson’s nursery turned out and I wanted his brother to have the same magical escape.
First things first, I needed a theme. I saw this amazing large bear rug on Etsy and fell in love. I planned the nursery around it. Naturally, a woodland mountain theme worked perfectly with the shaggy big bear rug. But I wanted it to keep this theme classy and subtle; not overly cutesy.
To do so, I kept a neutral color palette. I focused on understated forest colors, like navy, forest green, creams, and browns. All the furniture is white and brown with touches of wicker and wood, so feels natural and woodsy.
I also kept the decor simple but on theme. You’ll see a cool wood mountain shelf, abstract mountain sheets, mountain pillows, and cute woodland stuffed animals, like the moose on the chair, which help bring the theme to life. There’s also touches greenery and succulents for color and a natural feel.
I love how everything turned out. It’s warm and inviting but still modern and fun. It’s apparent it’s a woodland mountain nursery theme without being too loud. It also feels like a magical woodland escape, perfect for a sweet baby boy.
The Tour of this Mountain Woodland Nursery
Here’s how the nursery turned out! Amazing pics from Dani Lang Photography.
The Details of this Mountain Woodland Nursery
Here is where I found the pieces that brought this magical woodland nursery to life:
- The Crib, I actually found this crib at Walmart for a very reasonable price. The crib is a nice quality and easy to assemble. I loved the two tone wood, which was modern but still a little rustic, so totally worked in this space.
- The Bear Rug, the inspiration for this space. I absolutely love it and how it brings the space to life!
- The pouf, another great etsy find. It’s real leather and looks authentic and beautiful. I originally bought it for my other son’s room but his rocking chair came with an ottoman so didn’t need it. It works great in Hudson’s room where we needed an ottoman and a great way to repurpose to pouf!
- The Dresser, this was a thrift store find that I had restored and repainted by an amazingly talented friend, at NC Art and Restoration. I love how it turned out and it’s one of my fav pieces of furniture in the house!
- The teepee, this actually used to be in our playroom, that I decided to partially take over and make my office. The teepee no longer worked in the space so I moved it to Hudson’s room and it worked perfectly! I love when you can reuse things you already have in your home!
- The ladder, I found this at HomeGoods and was so excited when I saw it. I love the ladder look but some of those ladders can be so expensive. I found this ladder for under $100 and I thought the rustic wood and white fit into this space. It also helps us display the beautiful monogrammed and woodland blankets we received as gifts.
- The wall name sign, another amazing Etsy find! I liked the different fonts of this name sign and the color options. The seller was amazing and the sign turned out exactly how it looked in the pictures.
- The mountain crib sheets, found these sheets on Amazon. Subtle mountain scapes in blue and green.
- “Kid You’ll Move Mountain” pillow, i literally just googled this exact phrase and found so many options. I love this saying as it’s whimsical and encouraging, just the thing for a nursery.
- The Mountains Pillow, another great amazon find. It sits on our rocking chair and looks just like a mountain scape!
- The Light Fixture, Hudson’s nursery was originally my hubby’s office. I purchased this light for it, modern and simple. It still worked in this space so we kept it.
- The Ratan Organizer, I saw this on another blogger’s nursery post and was immediately obsessed! I love it for it’s beautiful look plus it’s practicalness. It houses all his diapers, wipes, cream, and blankets close to the dresser for changing but still looks neat and organized.
- The Mid-Century Cream Rocking chair, cozy and modern! It works perfect in the space and at an affordable price. Now if only Huddy liked to be rocked (he’s prefers to be held and walked around!).
- The Nightstand, my mom gifted this to us for the nursery. The link will take you to a similar one, but if you search “brown and white mid century nightstand” you’ll find tons of options!
- Be Wild and Wonder Sign, I randomly went into Hobby Lobby hoping to find some affordable decor and was pleasantly surprised at how much great nursery decor it had (for all different kinds of themes!). They had a section of mountain/outdoorsy nursery themed decor that worked perfectly in the space.
- The Mountain wall signs, Also, snagged this at Hobby Lobby!
- The lamp, found this beauty at Target. It’s simple but elegant and I love how it worked in the space (it also has an easy switch you can turn on with your foot, so very helpful during late night feedings!).
- The Mirror, another target find! It’s faux wood with that natural, woodsy feel, so I had to get it! I also love how the mirror makes the whole space look bigger and warmer.
- Seagrass Baby Changing Basket, I wanted one of these with my first son’s nursery, but couldn’t find one at an affordable price. Finally, found a ton Amazon. This one is beautiful and well-made. LOve it!
- The Mobile, I waited months for this to come in and am obsessed. Unfortunately, it did not make the newborn photoshoot but it’s beautiful, well-crafted, and fit the space wonderfully.
This nursery turned out exactly how I visioned and we love spending time in her with our sweet baby boys!