This healthier blueberry peach crisp is warm, gooey, a little crispy, and perfectly sweet. It’s topped with cool, creamy vanilla ice cream for the ultimate summer treat.Jump to Recipe
A Perfect Summer Dessert
Is there anything better than a crisp or cobbler to celebrate summer fruit?! The fruit becomes jam-like and perfectly sweet as it bakes. The crunchy, buttery topping is the perfect compliment to the warm gooey fruit. Top it with creamy vanilla ice cream that slightly melts as it meets the warm crisp – and I’m in heaven!
My version of this perfect summer dessert combines two of my fav summer fruits, peaches and blueberries. They are a wonderful pairing and make this crisp extra special. The crisp is made with oats, oat flour, brown sugar, spices and coconut oil that creates a sweet and crunchy dream topping.
I made this crisp slightly healthier by using oats and oat flour, pure maple syrup to sweeten the fruit, coconut oil, and of course, real fruit!
Finally, this crisp is single serve (well, it could technically be shared, if you’re into that sort of thing hehe). You can whip this up in under ten minutes than bake it and have a delicious homemade and guilt free dessert is under an hour. Yaas!
Ingredients in this Crisp
- blueberries + peaches, two of my fav summer fruits. I used frozen unsweetend fruit as I like how it bakes slightly slower so the crisp still has time to set up and become golden brown without the fruit becoming soggy.
- maple syrup, I add a splash to provide a little more sweetness to the fruit. I also like how the rich flavor of the maple syrup pairs with the fruit.
- cornstarch, helps the fruit become jam-like as the crisp bakes.
- lemon juice and zest, just a touch helps balance the sweet, rich flavors and allows the fruit to shine.
- oats + oat flour, the base of the crumble. It keeps this crisp GF and still delicious!
- dark brown sugar or coconut sugar, provides a deep, molasses like sweetness to the crisp.
- coconut oil, it’s a better for you fat but still gives the crisp those buttery vibes and makes it rich and slightly crispy on top.
- cinnamon and salt, a touch of both helps the other flavors come to life!
How to make this crisp
- Grease a 10.5 oz ramekin. I used melted coconut oil. This is also a small soufflé sized ramekin. It technically makes enough for 2 (or one generous, and in my opinion, perfect portion).
- Prepare the fruit. Combine the fruit with maple syrup, cornstarch, & lemon juice and zest and add to bottom of the ramekin.
- Make the crumble. In a small bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, brown sugar, spices and salt, melted coconut oil and vanilla and mix until a wet sand like mixture forms. Press the mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake. At 350 for about 30-35 minutes or until the fruit bubbles and the top is golden brown and set.
- Enjoy! I like to top mine with a light vanilla ice cream! Soooo good!
Why You’ll Love this Healthier Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Makes a small portion. This crisp is perfect for 1-2 people. So you aren’t left with a ton of leftovers (which is perfect if like me, you may be craving a different dessert the next day).
- It’s healthier. I incorporated tons of healthy swaps in this recipe, like using oats and oat flour to keep it GF, pure maple syrup and coconut sugar option to keep it refined sugar free, and coconut oil a better for you oil.
- It’s easy. This dessert can be made and baked in under 45 minutes. It also only requires one bowl!
- It’s delicious. The crisp is gooey, crunchy, sweet, and rich. The fruit jam-like and perfectly sweet. Together it’s a magical combination. Especially with some ice cream on top!
This healthier blueberry peach crisp is a must make before summer’s end. Trust me, you’ll thank me later!
f you make this healthier blueberry peach crisp, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Healthier Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Heaping 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen sliced peaches
- 2 tsps. Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Lemon zest and splash lemon juice optional
- ¼ cup oat flour GF or regular
- 3 tbsps. old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ tbsps. dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Pinch salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Splash vanilla
- 2 Tbsps. melted coconut oil
Grease a 10.5 oz ramekin.
Combine the fruit, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, and cornstarch. Add to ramekin.
Combine oat flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon and mix well. Add vanilla and melted coconut oil and mix till well combined. Add crisp topping on top of fruit.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is oozing and crisp topping golden brown.
Serve with ice cream. Enjoy!