A fun, spooky display of better for you treats that you kids are sure to love and want to devour.
My fun and healthy Halloween Dessert Platter
I’m so excited for Halloween this year! My son Grayson can finally appreciate this fun, spooky Holiday. He can’t wait for Halloween parties, dressing up, and trick or treating. That’s why this year, I wanted to create a fun, Halloween snack board that he would love. And want to devour!
Halloween might be a little scary for parents because their kids are about to receive tons of free sugary treats. Not to fear! You can keep your spooky spirits high because now there are so many better for you store bought candy/snack options. I want to share with you some of my favs and how I used them to create this epic healthier Halloween Board.
My Fav Healthier Store Bought Treats
When selecting healthier alternatives, I try to pick snacks without tons of preservatives, refined flours, sugars, and artificial ingredients. Instead, I want snacks with ingredient lists I can read and pronounce that are full of nutritious, real ingredients.
Here is a list of my favorites:
- Lily’s No Sugar Added Gummies, sweet and tangy, great texture, plus no sugar added!
- Lily’s Peanut Butter Cups, creamy and delicious peanut butter filling, made with gluten-free, non GMO ingredients, and stevia sweetened.
- Lily’s Chocolate Covered Caramels, yummy, popable caramel candies, made with gluten-free, non GMO ingredients, and stevia sweetened.
- Lily’s chocolate chips and chocolate bars, great for melting down to decorate or just eating on it’s own. So yummy plus no added sugar!
- Enjoy-Life Soft Baked Cookies, there are so many great flavor varieties, like Snickerdoodle and chocolate chip. All are free from 14 allergens, plus gluten-free and vegan options available too!
- Enjoy Life Chocolate, Allergens friendly, made with quality ingredients, plus have great Halloween mini options!
- Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups, delicious organic peanut butter delicately place it into the highest quality, organic and Rainforest Alliance certified chocolate available create a guilt-free nostalgic treat!
- Annie’s Organic Snacks, healthier, organic snacks made with quality ingredients and without artificial flavors, synthetic colors, and high-fructose corn syrup.
- Smart Sweets Peach Rings, fiber-rich, delicious candy with no sugar alcohols, artificial sweeteners and added sugar.
- Back to Nature Cookies, plant-based snacks made with real, simple ingredients and certified non GMO and kosher.
- From the Ground Up Snacks, if you are looking for a savory, salty better for you snack that sneak in key veggies, these are it!
How I created these fun spooky treats
I used some of these delicious, more nutritious sweet options to create a fun, kid-friendly, and a bit spooky Halloween dessert board. Here’s how:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cup Bats
I created these cute bats using, Back to Nature classic crème sandwich cookie, Lily’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, and edible googly eyes. I also melted down Lily’s dark chocolate chips to work as the glue.
Take a part the crème sandwich cookie. You will only need the cookie part without the icing (you can save the other half for a treat later!). Cut the cookie in half. Use a little melted dark chocolate to the bottom of the eyes and attach the eyes to the inside order of each cookie. Next, use a little more dark chocolate to attach the cookie with the eye to the top of the dark chocolate peanut butter cup.
Repeat to create as many little bats as desired.
For these fun little aunts, you will need Enjoy Life Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies, Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds, and Lily’s Dark of Milk Chocolate Caramels. You will also need melted dark chocolate + edible googly eyes. Use a little melted dark chocolate to attach the eyes to the chocolate covered caramel. Add a little melted dark chocolate to the bottom of the dark chocolate covered almond and chocolate covered caramel and attach both to the cookie for the head and body. Use the melted dark chocolate to draw legs coming from the dark chocolate almond “body”.
Repeat to create as many aunts as desired.
For these ghostly yummy bananas, you’ll need 2-3 bananas (cut in half), 1/2 cup Lily’s white chocolate + 1 tsp coconut oil (melted together), and mini + regular sized chocolate chips. Stick popsicle sticks in the bananas in the cut side. Place in freezer for at least an hour. Dip each frozen banana in the melted white chocolate. Use a regular sized chocolate chip as the mouth and 2 mini ones as the eyes. Place back in freezer to set. Store in freezer until ready to eat.
You’ll need 4-6 easy peel clementine’s oranges (typically called Cutie’s) and 1 celery stalk. Peel the cutie oranges, these reveals their curves and veins, which closely resembles a pumpkin’s shape. Cut the celery stalk into little ½ slices to resemble a pumpkin’s stem. Push the stem down into the top of the orange pumpkins and that’s it! Repeat for as many pumpkins as you want to create.
To create these yummy but creepy bugs, you will need 1 pitted medjool date, 6 From the Ground Up Cauliflower Pretzel sticks, and 2 edible googly eye. Break off the bottom of each pretzel rod to make them a bit shorter. Poke the pretzel rod into the sides of the date, three on each side, to resemble legs. Use melted dark chocolate to adhere two googly eyes to the top of the date. That’s eat! Create as many date bugs as you want!
**I think dates taste like little caramels and are so yummy on their own! But you can also stuff them with peanut butter or melted dark chocolate for a fun little surprise.
Other Healthy Halloween Treat Ideas
Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Filled Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Truffles
This Healthy Halloween Dessert Platter is a fun, whimsical display full of nutritious, spooky treats that is sure to impress any guests and your kiddos!
If you make this Healthy Halloween Dessert Platter, please leave a comment below. I absolutely love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on my recipes. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or pin it on pinterest, cuz sharing is caring!
Healthy Halloween Dessert Platter
- 4-6 Peanut Butter Chocolate Cup Bats
- 4-6 Cookie Aunts
- 2-4 Ghost Bananas
- 4-6 Cutie Oranges
- 4-6 Date Bites
- 2-3 bags of Smart Sweet Peach Rings or Lily’s Sour Gummy Worms
- 1 bag of Justin’s mini dark chocolate peanut butter cups
Arrange the treats on a large platter. Serve and enjoy!
See above for detailed instructions on how to create each treat.